Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Plagiarism?

Plagiarism?

As I saw pointed out in other posts, Spotify's method of reporting possible copyright infringement, as of yet, doesn't allow for users to report if they're not affiliated with whoever owns the copyright. So, I can't submit this through the form, but I thought to register the situation here.

There's this song, "If you don't want my love", released in 2023 by American artist Jalen Ngonda, with about 16 million plays in Spotify:

Jalen Ngonda's "If you don't want my love"

And then this song, "Enzo", released in 2020 by Brazilian band Quem é você Alice?, with about 21 thousand plays on Spotify:

Quem é você Alice?'s "Enzo"

I don't know much about copyright law, but it struck me how similar the compositions in these tracks are. I'm not the one to say if this is a case of plagiarism, or even who is at fault, but I believe this should be looked into.

1 Reply

Hey there @purplebluegrass,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

If you think this content needs to be reported, we'd suggest doing it by following the steps in this article. Make sure to clarify that you're not the copyright owner when sending your report. 

Also, keep in mind that these reports are handled by an independent team, so we can't confirm if any actions will be taken after it is sent. 

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts