Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Please Fix your Embedded Player in Discord

Please Fix your Embedded Player in Discord

200606-011142 Spotify connected.png200606-013143 Your Discord integration sucks.png200606-013202 Turns all the players blank.png

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Your embedded players in Discord are broken and a terrible user experience.
Compared to the embedded players in a web browser it's night an day.
In a browser the player knows that you're logged in to a premium account, so it brings up a premium player that plays the full song in high quality.
In Discord, regardless of whether you're logged in, or have the desktop app running, it still flashes up the message to login, and gives you the very low quality snippet.
Basically in Discord you are forced to click away from the player, which opens in your browser, which then opens in the desktop. It's an aweful user experience.

Please fix your embedded players in Discord, it's killing the number of plays on Spotify for Artists. Discord is steadily growing and people are just prefering to embed YouTube instead of Spotify because the player experience is just aweful.

Put this right for us, please.

4 Replies

Any progress on this? I feel reticent embedding Spotify over YouTube because of this poor experience.

Ok I saw this topic and I wanted to touch down on it since it is a Discord embedded feature that most likely needs to be fixed. I contacted customer support and they did what they could to help me, I appreciated it, but I still can't post my playlist on discord. My Spotify playlists won't embed/drop down when I copy and paste the link. For example, I'll copy the playlist link to share to my friends on Discord but it never shows the embedded list of what songs are in the playlist like how it shows when my friends post a playlist and normally there is a drop down feature showing the songs within the playlist. This issue started occurring a year ago after I contacted customer support to manually block someone from seeing my account since they were stalking me. I didn't think this would be an issue from blocking someone.

ex. 2.png
ex..png

please finally fix this **bleep**

Absolutely, this is a complete pain. I've taken to sharing links to YouTube instead.

Suggested posts