Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with Smart TV (Samsung)

Problem with Smart TV (Samsung)

Hi!
I'm using my Spotify account with my smart TV (Samsung). I'm using 'Spotify free'.
It worked good, but some days ago I wasn't able to use Spotify on my Smart TV with the request 'Sporify premium is required for this device. Please purchase a Premium subscription on www.spotify.com.' and I couldn't find any advice or solution for that problem.
I hope you can help me!

Vicky

2 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

A spotify premium subscription is required to use spotify on TV and mobile devices. 

My guess is that you automatically got a 48-hour free trial when you first logged into the TV application, like you do on the mobile apps. You can have another 30 days of Spotify premium as a free trial at the start of your subscription by visiting this page, after that if you wish to continue using Spotify on your TV, you will need to pay for the premium subscription. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

HI,

I have problems with my smart tv, I have a Spotify Premium Account but when I want to log in on my tv it shows me a message that says: “spotify premium is required for this device. Please purchase a Premium subscription on www.spotify.com.” I don’t have any idea of what I can do 

Suggested posts