Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connecting to the car automatically plays recently played playlist, with or without Car Thing

Connecting to the car automatically plays recently played playlist, with or without Car Thing

Of course it’s not resolved. I just stopped commenting in the forum because
I knew Spotify wasn’t going to actually try to fix it. I’ll be listening to
a song and as soon as I connect to my car, Spotify will start playing the
first song in my Liked Playlist from the same time position of the song I
was originally listening to.

I already know Spotify isn’t actually working on this or any of its other
major issues. They just put a Community rep in each forum so that we can
think our problem is being heard and so someone can be there to tell us
that Spotify has fixed it but if it’s still not working it must be a user
error. Spotify is trash.

9 Replies

This problem had been fixed for me for months but started happening again, once a week ago and then twice today. I had previously (couple months ago) logged out and into the app twice to force a sync. I am on Spotify version 8.9.34.567. On an iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17.4.1. Today I was playing music on the phone and then when my phone connected to Car Thing it switched to a playlist I had been listening to yesterday. Later when I got in the car it did the same thing (wasn't actively using the app the second time).

Hi folks, 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We appreciate your input!

@parksca5, I can assure you that we do pass on your guys' feedback and we do our best to help out. Sometimes however things do depend on the user's individual setup and we are not able to solve those from our end. That being said, we'd like to keep trying to help. Have you noticed any change in behavior when connecting to your car? For example if previously it started with the first song in your playlist and now doesn't, or it takes longer to start? The more we know, the better we can investigate. 

@NotJohnBoy, You mentioned that this happens when connecting to Car Thing, does it only happen when connecting to it or does it happen when connecting to your car too? 

We'll be on the lookout for your responses. 

Cheers.

MartinModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It doesn’t happen when I plug in the aux cord or connect to a Bluetooth speaker at my house. Just with car thing.

Thanks for confirming @NotJohnBoy. @parksca5, could you also share the exact version of Spotify you're currently running?

A short video / screen recording which captures this behavior in action would also be greatly appreciated. If you can't attach it here in your reply, you can instead upload it to YouTube as a private video or to a cloud service like Google Drive (just make sure the file is accessible by anyone with the link).

We'll be on the lookout for your replies. 

YordanModerator

As I mentioned I am on Spotify version 8.9.34.567. Capturing this on video would requiring me to screen capture every time I get in/out of my car which is a big ask and I don’t think I’ll be able to do that. I am happy to give more details and post if it happens again. 

I understand @NotJohnBoy, thanks anyway!

When you connect to the car, is it always the Liked Songs playlist that starts playing? Or is it sometimes one of these:

• a recently played song
  • a Spotify radio
  • another playlist

Cheers 🤘

YordanModerator

As I mentioned in my original post it was a recently played playlist most recently. In the past it was always Liked Songs.

Here is a screen recording. This time instead of going straight to my liked playlist, it played one of my random recent playlists. Like I said, we’ve come full circle lol

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qQQeKqZPePr9r1fORcsfyXfa8ZLuBQ_x/view?usp=drivesdk

@MartinT & @Yordan Here's  a link to the previous thread that was incorrectly marked as fixed that will contain nearly 6 months of information on the issue, as well as other queue related issues.

Suggested posts