Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Request song lyrics

Solved!

Request song lyrics

The lyrics addition is lovely but I’ve found many songs without lyrics or that say “couldn’t load lyrics” which is probably just on my end. But I listen to a lot of rock new and old and there’s some songs I like without lyrics, and some artist with very littler to no lyrics for the songs. I feel with a song lyric and or a request for a discography to have lyrics to all songs that it would be beneficial. Bring notice to artist without lyrics and get lyrics for a specific song and or whole discography. To access you’d pull up the options on a song (three dots to the side of song/artist profile) scroll to the “request lyrics” (for a song and or artist) and bring light to a song and or artist with no lyrics. Would make helpful for us who like to learn what the real words to a song are instead of mumbling nonsense. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Ground_Beef,

Thanks for posting in the Community! We've moved your post to a relevant Help Board where it fits better.

We get that you're discovering songs, that are still missing their Lyrics. As we're partnering with Musixmatch who are providing those lyrics and already have their own process in place to update their database.  You can for example create yourself an account there and become a Musixmatch curator to help out by submitting the lyrics of the songs that don't have any. Check out  how you can start contributing here.

Hope this helps clarify things. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

I noticed that the vast majority of songs don't have lyrics for the user to read available. Spotify should have a staff team to transcribe lyrics accurately whilst syncing it to the song.  I recently took up multiple transcriptionist jobs, typing around 120wpm, and thought that this would be an amazing idea for convenience and increased user experience.

Obviously there must be a more elaborate process and training, but I would love someday to see most of my songs have lyrics to match them!! Also would be cool to work for Spotify. 

There was a similar suggestion for podcasts, but I felt that this was unique in my intention to create extra job spaces. 

Marked as solution

Hey @Ground_Beef,

Thanks for posting in the Community! We've moved your post to a relevant Help Board where it fits better.

We get that you're discovering songs, that are still missing their Lyrics. As we're partnering with Musixmatch who are providing those lyrics and already have their own process in place to update their database.  You can for example create yourself an account there and become a Musixmatch curator to help out by submitting the lyrics of the songs that don't have any. Check out  how you can start contributing here.

Hope this helps clarify things. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Would love to aply to write lyrics for spotify songs. Would do it for free out of pure boredom...

PLEASE ADD LYRICS TO CONAN GRAY SONGS PLEASE

Make it so we can request for lyrics to be made on spotify and people who make them add's the lyrics

Download the musixmatch app. You can help add the lyrics that will be available on Spotify. 

Suggested posts