NEXT STEP

Samsung 2015 Smart TV

Solved!

Samsung 2015 Smart TV

Has anybody seen Spotify in the new Samsung TV's

Pasi

227 Replies

Any forecast about it?

I have the same problem on a JS9000, one of the most expensive Samsung TVs. Samsung Greece has replied to my complains telling me that it is up to Spotify to port the application to the newest Tizen environment.

I guess this won't happening any time soon, so I am thinking of cancelling my Premium membership and trying out Pandora...

Not sure that dumping an otherwise good service is a solution.. Not the most constructive

Well, it isn't like I would be throwing away some hardware or anything .... I can stop my subscription until the spotify app is ready...
In any case though, I found out that Pandora is not available in my country, so I guess I am stuck with the otherwise good service 🙂

It wasn't so much your reply matey, it was the fact someone had marked it as a possible solution. This is going to become a bigger problem for Spotify as Samsung roll out more of these new style smart TV's

I also cannot find the Spotify app on 50JU6850 UHD

@blugosi wrote:

I have the same problem on a JS9000, one of the most expensive Samsung TVs. Samsung Greece has replied to my complains telling me that it is up to Spotify to port the application to the newest Tizen environment.

I guess this won't happening any time soon, so I am thinking of cancelling my Premium membership and trying out Pandora...

Planning to do the same 'blugosi' suggested. As it may take a while to the app launch, I may try Rdio.

A PITA - they need to pull their fingers out of their a*ses.
The app in on my 32" and my UE43J5500 but its not on the new UE435600AK despite every single bit of advertising saying otherwise.
Samsungs answer is its Spotify.
Spotify state its available on ALL Smart TV's from 2012 onwards - well someone is lying.....

I've run into the same issue.. Very disappointing! Am considering cancelling and trying Pandora.. They seem to have their app workable

I already cancelled. Might renew when Spotify becomes available.

I'd be interested in their Tizen app as well. I severely doubt that they are not already developing it.

Well instead of getting rid of your wonderful samsung tv. You should use their functions. This will only work for galaxy s5+s6 or devices with screen mirroring.

Step1. Start your screen mirroring near your tv.
step2. Open spotify on your mobile.
step3. Listen to awesome music

I'm living in Switzerland too and have no problems with Spotify on my Samsung UE32ES6530 Smart TV. I dont remember having added the app myself, someday it was there, next to YouTube app, on the Smart Hub main screen (eventually my wife added it, but I dont think so). It already has been said in this thread, its functionality is quite limited.

That is not a solution. I have a Bluetooth sound bar - that is also not a solution. I want to A) walk around my house without music stuttering B) not share the contents of my screen with the world and cane my battery.

Yeah, but you have a 3 year older model (if I'm right) and the problem is that Spotify is not available for the 2015 models running on a new Tizen OS platform. Seems like Spotify is really not up to date with the current technologies...

I've submitted this as an idea, let's hope the developers take it into consideration: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Samsung-NOW-Samsung-Tizen-OS-2015-models/idi-p/123...

Give the idea in the link some kudos to make it hot!

It's almost December and still no news. It seems Spotify has no intention to support the Tizen Smart TV platform, they just don't want to give an official "NO" for PR reasons. There would be some kind of announcement if they had any plans at all.

I have older Samsung Smart TVs that have the Spotify app. I need a new one so I went on Samsung website and found compatible Smart TVs, confirmed with Samsung tech support. Drove to Costco and confirmed with tech guy there.  Box has Spotify as a featured app on the front.  Plugged in TV and no Spotify app.  Samsung website, live tech support, and packaging all are incorrect.  I would just like to know why and if there's a planned resolution.  I will either quit my premium Spotify or get a differnet TV.  Really irritating to pay for a premium service, pay for a new smart TV and to find they're newly not compatible. 

Same exact thing happened to me yesterday. Fix this Spotify.

Suggested posts