Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song History or Last.fm Integration on Web Player?

Song History or Last.fm Integration on Web Player?

I use the Web Player at work and home, and use the Android app on the go.  Recent changes to the Web Player killed the Last.fm integration.  I am just wondering if there's any plan to bring that back.

Since a lot of people uses Last.fm as a stopgap due to the lack of a song history feature, is there any plan to introduce that?

I am okay if either one is in your backlog.  But currently, I have no way to tracking what I have listened to.

Thanks!

2 Replies

I'm wondering this too.  I thought that maybe my setting just got refreshed when the new player came out, but I can't even find where to connect to last.fm anymore.  I've been on last.fm for over 10 years, and I've been a Spotify Premium member for a few years, and if it's not just a bug, but they actually got rid of last.fm support, I'll probably have to find a new service unfortunately.

Yeah.  It's just frustrating that there's completely different experience on the desktop app, mobile app, and web player.  Desktop app has a "song history" feature, but only tracks whatever you played on that one desktop app.  Mobile and web player don't let you track what you have played.  Well, web player doesn't even have a queue no more.

I mean they are already tracking what we have listened to ("Discovery Weekly" and all the other recommendation playlists), why not just show us a universal "song history" tab?  And when there's a de facto alternative in Last.fm, they want to kill it 😞

Suggested posts