Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs repeat when switching to new devices

Songs repeat when switching to new devices

I notice there's a locked topic for this from 2015. It certainly has been a problem in the past but then it seemed to have been fixed. However, as I noted in the topic of the major issue that emerged late last year - where the queue was stopping & blanking out every time Spotify was restarted - it appears that this issue has returned. I want to make it clear - I was happy with the speed in which the issue last year was fixed, & I'd much rather this issue than that issue. But this is becoming annoying again. If I can post screenshots I'll show you how this has resulted in the exact same 2 or 3 songs been played 3 times in a row, when I switch devices (usually from my Samsung Galaxy to my desktop app (& vice versa) or from my Samsung QLED TV)
2 Replies

You can see here how annoying this is getting - you can see that Shuffle has played Awaken, Everlong & Reach Down. After that point I've changed devices & its played Everlong & Awaken again. I'm pretty sure I changed devices after that again where its played Everlong & Reach Down AGAIN. I'm pretty sure that was all yesterday.

DJ_Click_0-1673944886057.png

This is today. Note - I upgrade my phone this morning from a Galaxy S10 to Galaxy S22 - so, brand new phone with newly installed Spotify App. I can tell you that I was listening on my Samsung QLED TV up until Trivium's Departure. Then I stopped the music while I had lunch. I didn't actually switch devices but I guess my TV went to sleep mode or something because when I went to restart Spotify it was playing on my phone, so I put it back on my TV. You can see the 2nd song its jumped to is Filter's Hey Man, Nice Shot, having only played that 3 songs before. On either side its played Reach Down & Awaken AGAIN (it seems to REALLY like those songs - which, so do I but probably not 3 times in 2 days when there's 577 other unique songs on the playlist!)

DJ_Click_1-1673944886061.png

Yes, this is a problem many users are facing and I agree it's very annoying.

Please add your experience to this post, and don't forget to subscribe for updates.

Suggested posts