Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Sonos] Logging in

Solved!

[Sonos] Logging in

Premium subscribers that joined before our partnership with Facebook can log into Sonos with their unique username and password. 

However, users that login with their Facebook details will need to retrieve a username and create a device password.

With this username (a series of digits) and password, Facebook users can login to their partner devices (Sonos, Squeezebox, Onkyo, WD, Boxee Box or TiVo system). 

473 Replies

Thanks for the response Richard, I was being a bit impatient yesterday I suppose.

I guess when its not otherwise stated we expect instant gratification these days!

Today I was able to add my Spotify account to my Sonos system. It's on now!

Cheers,

david

BTW , i dont see a button or link to 'Accept as Solution' on this pages as rendered by FF 14.01, not sure if I am supposed to.

Well I think that's a fair enough expectation these days, and it usually is instant. Even servers have slow days though.

Glad to hear it's working now for you. I'll investigate the FF issue you mentioned. (I think it might be that only the thread starter can accept a reply as a solution)

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hi there,

more than a week ago I registered for a premium abo using FB as login.

I requested a device password for my device account 1130320298,

but I never received an email.

I checked the spam filters and repeated the request several times.

Still nothing.

Can you please sent me a device password?

I want to use your service on my squeezebox.

If that's not working I will have to cancel the abo.

Thanks.

Best regards

Martin

Hey martinz, welcome to the Community.

Have you sent us a message via thecontact form? If so, do you have a  case number we can look up? We should be able to get a device password over to you in no time.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

I have tried evrything tonight, cant log in on my spotify acount throw my sonos system.

Whats wrong? I dont use any facebook login.

I use my old original spotify login??

Please help me...

Hi!

I have an old Spotify account, meaning I did not connect it via my Facebook account. I also have a Sonos system and these two have been working just fine for the past year.

I experienced some problems with music stopping when I played on my Sonos system and thought that someone might be using my account, so I changed my password and all hell broke loose.

Now, I cannot connect my Spotify account to Sonos (yes I am typing the correct password), I can log in on my computer, work computer and my phone. So it's not the password.

And if I try to create one of these device passwords which you have started with now for the "Facebook-Spotifiers", I click the link and I end up on my "Edit profile" page.

And honestly, should I even have to create one of these device passwords sinc eI have one of the older accounts?

I simply changed my password and now I cannot sync with Sonos...help. This is driving me nuts.

username: diablesse

If you're having problems logging in, get in touch via our contact form and we'll happily send you over a direct link to get a password set up.

Hi,

Yes I used your contact form and the only "help" I got was a recommendation to restart my Sonos-equipment and my router and get a cup of coffee.....this did not work. Same error about having the wrong password.

And if that didn't help the person recommended me to contact Sonos support. Now, I have already talked to them and they have outruled this to be any kind of Sonos problem.

I've seen that there have been several other people with the same kind of problem (old Spotify accounts, suddenly cannot sync with Sonos). How did you help them?

Regards

/Emmie

Ah christ....I just changed my password to one without any "special symbols"...and now it suddenly works.

Could there be some kind of bug between Spotify and Sonos not allowing any other symbols but numbers and letters?

Oh well, now it's working.

Have a nice evening!

I solved the issue by changier my primary e-mail address in Facebook.

E-Mails were never sent to or received by freenet.de

this does not work it takes me stait to my change password page with all my premium account details which are all correct but when i log into sonos on either my phone or mac computer it keeps saying you need to upgrade to sonos premium wich i allready have.

@meahtenoha wrote:

Premium subscribers that joined before our partnership with Facebook can log into Sonos with their unique username and password. 

However, users that login with their Facebook details will need to retrieve a username and create a device password.

With this username (a series of digits) and password, Facebook users can login to their partner devices (Sonos, Squeezebox, Onkyo, WD, Boxee Box or TiVo system). 

Hi ordy89 - I believe you're experiencing the same issue as this thread: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod/My-Spotify-Premium-is-not-activating/m-p...

Please get in touch via our contact form. Our payments team can help with your subscription via email. 

yeah i've done that thanks

Hi,

Icannot log into Sonos with my Spotify account, I have followed all instructions given to no avail.

Hello, 

I've upgraded to Premium, but logging into the account on SONOS (30 minutes after the upgrade) gives me either

'you must upgrade to premium' or 'The spotify server did not recognize your login information'

Any ideas?

Thanks,

KO

Same here! Set up my account this morning. Account information shows Spotify Premium.

When I try to log in via Sonos with my Account Name and Password as recommended, it shows me the following Error:

"Spotify on Sonos requires a Spotify Premium account. Upgrade at......"

Any ideas, Do not want to go back to Napster, wich technically worked perfect with Sonos.

Meredith I have done all this and had Spotify on my sonos for two months. I have premium membership and have re-set my account on sonos several times but I have the following notification  "unable to browse music-there was a problem connection to Spotify for several days now.......any ideas.

HelenKnowd - To use Spotify on your Sonos, you'll need a Premium subscription. You can read more about it here: https://www.spotify.com/get-spotify/overview/

ko75 & rossi - There was a slight delay upgrading some accounts over the weekend, which should now be sorted. How are you getting on?

Testtube - Are you still having trouble? Have you spoken to Sonos about the issue at all?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

HI.  LIke everyone else it seems to take forever for the password to come through for my Sonos...  Surely it shouldn't take so loooooooooooooooong???  I'm still waiting and wondering if Spotify is really for me now...

@ashleyd wrote:

HI.  LIke everyone else it seems to take forever for the password to come through for my Sonos...  Surely it shouldn't take so loooooooooooooooong???  I'm still waiting and wondering if Spotify is really for me now...

If you're still waiting in a little while just get in touch with us via our contact form and we'll send over a new one for you right away.

Suggested posts