Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Sonos] Logging in

Solved!

[Sonos] Logging in

Premium subscribers that joined before our partnership with Facebook can log into Sonos with their unique username and password. 

However, users that login with their Facebook details will need to retrieve a username and create a device password.

With this username (a series of digits) and password, Facebook users can login to their partner devices (Sonos, Squeezebox, Onkyo, WD, Boxee Box or TiVo system). 

473 Replies

Sorted my problem with Sonos.  To reboot a Sonos controller it is not sufficient to switch all off and on ....best to physically remove battery from controller and ry again......what is the difference... don't know but t worked.

Hello,

I'm also waiting for 48 hours now and there is still nothing in my inbox. Please help me out here because I'm struggling for over a year or so to integrate Spotify into my Sonos-system. 

Thanks a lot,

Bartis

Hi

Recommend you speak to Sonos customer services.  They were helpful. 

Hi Bartis - I've just had a look and it seems the Facebook account you used to register has been disconnected from Spotify. 

Please reactivate that Facebook account to keep using your Spotify. If you have any other trouble please let me know. 

I just switched on the O to I in my spotify program so it need to work. Could you send me the code an pasword to connecd my Sonos controler to spotify.

Thanks

Hi Bartis - Your account should be working as normal now.

I can see you've already opened a case with us for that password. You should receive an email response from us shortly. 

Hello Meredith,

Is it not possible to send me the name and code by email, I am waiting very long right, so please help me out here.

Bartis

I recently upgraded my Spotify account to Premium. However, as a result my account is now connected to an old e-mail address and an old pass word (which I forgot).

Because of this, I am unable to create a device password to hook my Spotify account on to my Sonos. I then thought to just cancel my subscription and start all over again (using a new pass word and a new e-mail account), but gess what: if you want to cancell your subscription, you need your pass word (!).

I'm afraid that I will have to pay EUR 9,99 for the rest of my life!

@waltervanoverbe wrote:

I recently upgraded my Spotify account to Premium. However, as a result my account is now connected to an old e-mail address and an old pass word (which I forgot).

Because of this, I am unable to create a device password to hook my Spotify account on to my Sonos. I then thought to just cancel my subscription and start all over again (using a new pass word and a new e-mail account), but gess what: if you want to cancell your subscription, you need your pass word (!).

I'm afraid that I will have to pay EUR 9,99 for the rest of my life!

Hey there 🙂

Welcome to the community forums!

I would recommend that you contact the payments team directly using contact form. 

They should be able to assist you directly. If you recieve an automated reply, then I would suggest replying back to that email to be sure it goes straight into their capable hands.

There is no need to panic, they will be able to help you resolve this issue.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I am also having problems changing my password. I am trying to set up my Sonos with Spotify and have waited more than 48 hours for my link. I've opened a case (#00304319) and have received  a reponse two times telling me to log in with my Facebook credentials. Can someone please help?

@cyk wrote:

I am also having problems changing my password. I am trying to set up my Sonos with Spotify and have waited more than 48 hours for my link. I've opened a case (#00304319) and have received  a reponse two times telling me to log in with my Facebook credentials. Can someone please help?

Hey cyk 🙂

Welcome to the community!

Can you just confirm that you have created a device password?

If you haven't you should be able to sign into your account online using Facebook and set a device password from the link about. 

If your still having problems, I would suggest you reply directly to one of the email messages you have gotten, your reply will be sent to a member of staff who will be able to assist you further!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi

I have the same problemm still waiting for my password.

can you help me.

thanks

sandro

Hi Sandro,

If you email in here, we'll be able to get a Sonos password sent out to you.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thanks

hope I will get my password

sandro

I also have problems with recieveing the email so i can make the password.

Tried several times through the last couple of months.

Device username:

Regards...

Venomous - Have you emailed in to the link I mention above? If not, please do so. We'll be able to help you out.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Signed up for premium account.  Had been using Facebook login but it won't work with Sonos.  Using the links on the site gets no results and I have submitted several request to change my password with no results.  

I have also never seen a location where I am to retrieve the Device ID.  

Please HELP! 

Hi sullivanjake - In order to log into Sonos you have to retrieve that Device ID and set up a device password. 

Just click on the link below to get started:

http://www.spotify.com/help/faq/devices/connect-devices/

Same issue here.

email for device ID password never arrives.

Waiting 48 hours to retrieve a password is insane to begin with.

@THeezen wrote:

Same issue here.

email for device ID password never arrives.

Waiting 48 hours to retrieve a password is insane to begin with.

It really should be instant, but 48 hours is the maximum when it gets really busy. If you're still waiting then drop us an email via our contact form and we'll send you one manually.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Suggested posts