Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Sonos] Logging in

Solved!

[Sonos] Logging in

Premium subscribers that joined before our partnership with Facebook can log into Sonos with their unique username and password. 

However, users that login with their Facebook details will need to retrieve a username and create a device password.

With this username (a series of digits) and password, Facebook users can login to their partner devices (Sonos, Squeezebox, Onkyo, WD, Boxee Box or TiVo system). 

473 Replies

Ive had the premium account about 2 years. I log in with a user name and regular 8 digit mix password. It was connected to Facebook but I unlinked that 6/8 months ago. The trial one I created wasn't fb either.

I have the same issue. Spotify was working fine until yesterday. I removed my Spotify service and re-added it fine via my profile and password but I can't  search or see any of my playlists etc. Strangely top tracks are the only thing I can see and use all the others say unabled to browse music.

I can't even get top tracks. I just tried powering everything down after unistalling my account. I started off with the hard wired bit and restarted, then reinstalled the account. I saw this on the sonos site. Doesn't work!

Hey all,

There's currently an outage with Spotify on Sonos devices. But don't worry, we're working together to get things sorted as quickly as possible.

Thanks for your patience everyone - we'll be posting again as soon as we get the all-clear.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

All clear!

Let us know if you have any further Sonos issues and we'll be happy to follow it up.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Sonos works fine with access to all radio stations and local NAS etc. But no access to any Spotify files of playlist. Checking my music service accounts I can see my Aupeo account is complete (user name and account name) but Spotify does not show the account name but request me to sign in again. However, no success. Please fix it soonest. I am missing Spotify on my Connect. What a luck that I can stream directly via Apple TV but the sound is poor compared to Sonos. Pls. respond until when you can get it fixed. One more: any idea why this issue has popped up? rgds Peter_M

Just as a heads-up, we're seeing some more issues with Sonos for some Spotify users today.

We'll post again once we're 100% up and running. Thanks for your patience.

Hey, Great since 19:30 today Spotify and Sonos Love each other again. Thanks !
pls make sure this bug has been killed forever
rgds Peter

Hi I have the same problem logging into my sonos. I signed up with the free trail to premium account, waited 24hrs but still cannot login with my user name and password. I have also tried to reset my password, still get an error when logging in through my sonos system. Does any one know how to solve the problem.

Thanks.

Did you follow the instructions in the faq?

@Kf27enfield wrote:
Hi I have the same problem logging into my sonos. I signed up with the free trail to premium account, waited 24hrs but still cannot login with my user name and password. I have also tried to reset my password, still get an error when logging in through my sonos system. Does any one know how to solve the problem.

Thanks.

Yeah, created a new password for my device - still doesn't work. The thing is it keeps showing an error " There was a problem authorizing your account. Check your internet connection and try again. contact spotofy for help.

I get this message when i try to add the spotify service, I use the option i already have an account. But I don't get the option to enter any account details.

Spotify works fine on my laptop. My internet connection is working fine. I have added - Wolfgang vault, Napstar, all without problems.

Hello, I'm having similar problems to the above posts.  I've tried communicating with customer support but they honestly seem a bit clueless of what I am asking (they keep telling me to just login with facebook, even though my sonos device doesn't allow that) so I'm posting here in hopes to get some help.

I tried doing the device password retrieval never received an email after about 3 days.  Getting frustrated since I can't use my awesome sonos I just bought with spotify.  

I also requested email to set spotify password about 24 hours ago. I have not gotten a mail and I checked the spam folder as well. It appears very difficult to setup spotify with sonos. Is there a link where I can set the password directly on the site and not wait for the yet to appear mail?

@Confusedxx wrote:
I also requested email to set spotify password about 24 hours ago. I have not gotten a mail and I checked the spam folder as well. It appears very difficult to setup spotify with sonos. Is there a link where I can set the password directly on the site and not wait for the yet to appear mail?

Please get in touch via our contact form and we'll help out with a new password. (Let us know the case number and I'll get it chased up too).

Here's the fix.

1. Download the PC or Mac application to your desktop

2. Follow the sign-up prompts and use your Facebook credentials to allow connection to Sonos

3. Your Android and iOS apps will automatically update

And...you're there.  Without having to wait some indeterminate period of time for a password email from Spotify.

And what do you recommend in case of having no facebook account? 

peter

@abmckenzie wrote:

Here's the fix.

1. Download the PC or Mac application to your desktop

2. Follow the sign-up prompts and use your Facebook credentials to allow connection to Sonos

3. Your Android and iOS apps will automatically update

And...you're there.  Without having to wait some indeterminate period of time for a password email from Spotify.

I think this is only an issue for people who use Facebook to login.  If you use un/pw to login you shouldn't have the issue at all.  If you are using some other authentication method (not FB and not direct credentials)...I have no idea.

Hi there,

I am trying to add my Spotify account to my Sonos system (Playbar, Play: 5 & Sub). Well, the account is actually added to Sonos, but I still can't use it because I have to 'Upgrade to Spotify premium.'

Problem: I am already premium user for a few months.

Anyone ever had the same issue?

Thanks in advance.

It seems you have two accounts - a Premium and a Free one. See here for more.

Hi,

I am trying to play through my Spotify account on Sonos and keep getting the error message 'unable to play...the spotify account login information isnt valid'

I originally tried to authorise the account logging in using my facebook login, that didnt work so I then switched to the spotify device and username. Nothing seems to work.

I've been subscribing to spotify premium for a while now (Australian subscription). Any help would be appreciated!

Suggested posts