Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sound not playing on Spotify using a Chromebook

Solved!

Sound not playing on Spotify using a Chromebook

So I have been trying to play music from my playlist on Spotify. The sound is not working. I went on the soppurt page and still none of there suggestens are working. Does some one know how to fix this? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello Allie. have you tried Restarting your Computer? maybe that might help

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello Allie. have you tried Restarting your Computer? maybe that might help

I'm also using a Chromebook, and have no sound on Spotify. But I have perfect audio for other sites and music. Could you give me a solution for this, please? (By the way, the songs are playing, there is just no sound.)

I also tried turning off the Chromebook to no avail.

I tryed new songs and turned off my chromebook then back on. It worked for me. I waited(after turning it off) ten minutes then turned it back on. I also had to update it. Make sure you are up to date with everthing. Check to see if mabye you turned of the sound on just that website. I hope this helped! 

I was puzzling over my Chromebook for like 10 minutes. All the volumes were up, the track was playing. Youtube and other sites worked, but nothing came through on Spotify. Then I realized I could hear music from the other room. Spotify was open on my Laptop, and pushing play/pause on the Chromebook was causing the Laptop to play/pause while no sound came through the Chromebook.... Spotify, what? 

So, weirdly, I suggest making sure you don't have Spotify open on another device. 

(Side note, my Chromebook and Laptop are not linked together in any special way. They're just both signed in to my Spotify account.)

Suggested posts