Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Specific podcast cannot be played on Sonos chrome cast

Specific podcast cannot be played on Sonos chrome cast

Plan

Premium

Country

Norway

Device

PC and Phone

Operating System

Android 10, Android 11, Android 12, Linux, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I cast most of my podcasts to a Sonos speaker when I work at home. This works for all podcast I listen to, but one specific one does no. When trying to cast this podcast it says that the content is not available. If I have not yet casted and am listening to this podcast I open the device list and it says that the Sonos speaker is "Unavailable to control".
I can cast to all other speakers in the house which is Google speaker og H&K soundbar.

Why only this podcast? This is not a video podcast. Video podcasts works with the speaker.

The name of the podcast is "Med all respekt", it is a Norwegian podcast.

image.png
image.png
5 Replies

Hi there @fraval,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We'd like to investigate this further.

Can you let us know if this happens when you try to cast it from a specific device or multiple devices?

Also, can you try with a different internet connection to see if the issue persists?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thank you @Jeremy

It happens on all my devices. Wibdows PC, Linux PC, Android phone.

I do not see the point in testing it on another network since the Sonos speaker is only reachable from my network/lan.

Hey @fraval

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Just to make sure, can you listen to this specific podcast you mentioned on all the other speakers?

Additionally, would you mind sending us the podcast's URI? To get it, follow these steps.

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Yes, it works on my other devices.

I do I workaround where I bought a BT adapter and connect my phone/PC the speaker eithout the casting function. Still curious thought.

Here is the URI: spotify:show:7LHaJ5i1riScY7W1LdItwh

Hi @fraval,

Thank you for your reply.

The workaround you found sounds fine, but we'd still like to get to the bottom of this issue. Could you follow these steps to disconnect your Spotify from Sonos and connect them again? 

If this doesn't work, can you log in with another account, such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists? Alternatively, you can create a free account here, just make sure you're logged out of your own account before creating a new one. 

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts