Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect - Samsung M5 won't connect

Solved!

Spotify Connect - Samsung M5 won't connect

HI,

i have added my samsung m5 to my home network.

started spotify app on my android device. I have spotify premium.

started playing a song and pressed the connect symbol which is appearing in grey with a circle round it.

the samsung M5 is listed as an available device. i click on it and i'm taken back to the tune playing screen.

the connect symbol flashes green several times and then goes grey again. the song continues to play through my phone speakers and not the samsung speaker.

any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Sounds like you Samsung speaker isn't able to pick up the stream correctly for some reason. I would suggest making sure your router firewall is disabled and uPnP enabled and see if that makes any difference?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Sounds like you Samsung speaker isn't able to pick up the stream correctly for some reason. I would suggest making sure your router firewall is disabled and uPnP enabled and see if that makes any difference?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I just purchased these samsung speakers yesterday and I can get pandora to work with them, but I've tried playing spotify through an android phone and an ipad and can see them as an option to play to - whether as a group or individually, but the music continues to play on the original device after you select them. I tried tooling with the xfinity router firewall settings and it didn't seem to work. I was already at the low security standard and nothing crazy was blocked. Please help me. I signed up for spotify premium and paid a bundle for these speakers at best buy to stream my music in multiple rooms wirelessly. If I can't get spotify to work I'll have to return them.

I had the same problem and turned the firewall off. Now it's working, but it feels very unsecure. I want my firewall to be enabled. Any other suggestions?

No one would help me from Samsung or Spotify. So, I cancelled my Spotify premium service and returned the Samsung speakers for Sonos. They work great. I use internet radio, pandora, sirius xm and my own music collection via a line in on the ipod or via computer. I don't even use Spotify now. That was a very nightmarish 2 day tech support nightmare that I am glad to be free of. I can't believe these companies that don't have a telephone number. "Try our message board or twitter." Maybe we'll notice. Well, that didn't work at all. Again, glad to be free of the hassle.

Yeah I would like to know how to allow my Asus router to WPS connect the M5, with out turning the whole firewall off.

Suggested posts