Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Feedback

Solved!

Spotify Feedback

Hi Spotify developers (and management),

First off, congrats for developing an awesome concept.  If you hadn't thought about it already, music lovers run out of space for music on their mobile devices, so streaming music over Spotify allows us to keep our "old" handsets longer and still listen to all the music we love.  Kudos!

But I'm worried that Spotify has recently lost its way.  Your customers really don't care that you made a deal with Coca-Cola.  Especially your PAYING customers.  Fix your desktop app issues please ("Failed to enable Spotify social", friends list continually "Loading...").  Continue to improve your iOS and Android apps.  And for god sakes, put out an iPad app ASAP!!!  (as an aside, if you want something to emulate, check out the DirecTV app for iPad -- constantly improving, adding new features like streaming, nice UI)

I will say that allowing mobile streaming & syncing at "Extreme" bandwidth is awesome, but honestly, this is 2012.  You guys need to figure out a way for the app to automatically pick the "best" speed based on real-time network conditions.  For instance, while I'm driving in my neighborhood, Extreme works great, without skipping.  But the second I get to the on-ramp to the freeway (especially around rush hour), I've got to go into the settings and manually drop down to Low Bandwidth, then restart the track, just so that any music comes out.  The Stream & Sync setting should allow the user to cap their bandwith usage in case they have limits to maintain.

You guys started on the right path, but have gotten a little confused about your direction.  Without your fan base, marketing deals mean nothing.  So please, remember to focus on your users?

Thanks again,

chicagogreg

253 Replies

Spotify is awesome.

That is all.

Hey, Spotify is great. Here is a bug I have encountered using Windows 7 on a Lenovo laptop. If spotify is my focused application, I cannot change the sound from my laptop keyboard. Spotify appears to 'hi-jack' my access to sound, which is super annoying. For example, if I switch to spotify and my sound is way to low, what I usually do with normal apps is hold down the 'sound up' key from my keyboard. However, with spotify, it have to wait 2 second between clicks and click up the volume one step at a time.  In other words, it either takes 30 seconds to change the volume significantly, or I have to click out of spotify and chanage the volume.

Maybe this is a feature, in which case you should remove it, as it negativly affects user experience. Otherwise you guys should fix this.

--Timtimtim

hey spotify devs

first of all i love spotify!! I only wanted to tell you about a misplaced album ( fot the artist "Everlast" there is a album listed by some japanese rockband which is also named everlast, the misplaced album name is timeless journet) but I could not figure out where the designed thread for this was. if you could make it more clear where to report misplaced music, we can all help to make/keep spotify clean and awesome!!

Bartvisser

@bartvisser wrote:

hey spotify devs

first of all i love spotify!! I only wanted to tell you about a misplaced album ( fot the artist "Everlast" there is a album listed by some japanese rockband which is also named everlast, the misplaced album name is timeless journet) but I could not figure out where the designed thread for this was. if you could make it more clear where to report misplaced music, we can all help to make/keep spotify clean and awesome!!

Bartvisser

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

I would suggest you have a read at this post which details how to repot issues like this directly to the content team 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello everyone,

Today I was playing some music, and paused it by using my keyboard (Logitech Illuminated). When I tried to unpause it again, it didn't seem to work. Spotify was minimized / out of focus. When I opened it again, the music was playing but there was no sound. A simple pause unpause fixed the problem. I tested a little further and it seems to function properly when in focus. When not in focus it doesn't unpause anymore. Well, it does, but without sound.

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit on an AMD machine.

If you need any more specs from my PC let me know.

Thought you should know. 

Keep up the good work!

Leon

Kinda annoying to drag local music into spotify cus "this track cant be played because the file could not be found. Please import it again"....pls fix spotify

Hi,

I have a small thing that would make a great addition to this service. You should add a 'Songs' tab and when you subcribe to a playlist, star a song etc. it automatically adds thoes songs to the 'Songs' tab. This way you can build up a huge library of songs.

Hope you find this useful.

Thanks.

Does the "Library" tab not do something similar to this already?

Peter

Peter

I know it's probably with the intention of getting users to pay for a premium account, but could these advertiser's voices get any more (sorry for being inappropriate) douchey? It totally kills my listening vibe when some manly man tough guy bro voice rings in right when I'm about at my peak listening mood. I would honestly rather hear a bunch of farts break in instead of macho Mc "I just got done lifting weights/now having a bud light/fist bump/Sports Center is my favorite show". 

So if you could please customize my Ads with Farts instead, I will gladly pay for it. For those of you that might ask, "well why don't you just buy a premium account then?" Well, good question, I think that farts will actually improve my mood a bit. Everyone laughs at a good fart and laughing is good medicine. 

Please let me know once that feature is implemented. 

Thanks you,

-Tyler

Could you please add a feature for starring albums? I like to listen to albums as pieces instead of individual songs. I've noticed a little bit of clutter in my list of favorites. Maybe you could list starred albums in a collapsable menu?

They are adding a "collection" feature soon (early 2013 supposedly), which looks like it should make it easier to organize albums, instead of having to star them or add them to playlists,.

I would love to be able to find artists and new releases organized by record labels. For example, since electronic music releases many frequent singles in a short amount of time, I would love to be able to search for a particular label such as "Smallville Records" and have the results display every release under that label. That should be a top priority in my book.

I'm sure this isn't the first time you've received this suggestion. An autocomplete when typing an artist or title in the search field would be a very nice feature on the iPhone app!

How about a tool that is just like the  "radio for this playlist"-thing - except it's not a statistic-match / computergenerated list, but searching for a user-playlist similar to my own playlist?! Or maybe shows a list of matching user-playlists with percentage of match, length and last update on list?

I would love the same lock screen music controls (foward, backward, pause) that the native iOS music player has. 

How come there is no option to search by genre? For example, I wanted to find "Comedy" but you had to either search for playlists or aritsts. I just wanted to see the collection of comedy albums or R&B etc? I know there's radio but I wanted to see the whole collection and just choose artists from there. It just seems like an elementary feature that should be included. 

@limache wrote:

How come there is no option to search by genre? For example, I wanted to find "Comedy" but you had to either search for playlists or aritsts. I just wanted to see the collection of comedy albums or R&B etc? I know there's radio but I wanted to see the whole collection and just choose artists from there. It just seems like an elementary feature that should be included. 

It is actually easy to search for genre's in the desktop client, just requires a little know-how.

Have a read at this blog post for details 😉 

Peter

Peter

In light of the feedback:

- Please bring back the old friend list!  I used that thing all the time, now I can't find ANYONE (the "people" icon is replaced by "following").  I eventually figured out how to share songs with people by right-clicking the song, but the drag n' drop was so much cooler / more fun and obvious etc.  On that note, dran-n-drop to playlists doesn't work anymore either?

- Searching for people / friends was easier before, it's a little convoluted now.  The 'favorites' list was also useful to trade songs etc. with people.  Also a bit of a hassel to go back and "follow" each and every one of the people that used to be on the "fav" list, especially when the search options most often brings up musicians now.

- I like the idea of "following" in that you've incorporated bands and musicians into the list.  It would be great to see the "newsfeed" / activity with friends & musicians (I'm guessing that's how it works now) especially if the band activity included new recordings, releases, general news but NOT concert lsitings (that can get really annoying, irrelevant).

- Maybe color code actual people VS bands?  Or have some designation or separation in that feed?

- Love the fact that Spotify tracks "most listened tracks / bands" etc.  More of these options would be cool, esp. if they were optional to make public or keep private.

- Was also easier to look at people's "Spotify profile" if that's what it's called to find their playlists etc.

- The hyperlinks are one of my fav. parts of this program, easy to jump to artists pages, albums etc.  Maybe have hyperlinks for musical styles on the band pages like "Progressive Rock" or something like that would be fun for browsing.

- Feature request # ?? : Have a review option for listeners that you can hover over the songs and read.  Maybe limited length, but something you could publish in the news feed maybe tag ppl in the review as well.  I could see sending song reviews to band mates, and you know people love to share thier opinions ; )

Two ideas that would be great, to be able to search and sort music by Genre that way it would be easier to find new music that is in the genres you enjoy.
Secondly to allow apps on mobile devices (such as the Tune Wiki - lyrics) on the spotify premium mobile app.

- You can already search by genre, check out this blog post.

- Add your kudos to this ideas topic if you would like to be able to sort by genre. 

- Show your support by adding kudos on this topic if you would like to see app on mobile platforms 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts