Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Skipping Tracks Through Sonos Speakers Only - Error msg - song encoded incorrectly

Spotify Skipping Tracks Through Sonos Speakers Only - Error msg - song encoded incorrectly

Hi, I am a fitness instructor at a gym that uses Sonos speakers, so we have to play our music through Sonos.  ANy instructor that uses Spotify has their tracks skipping, often before a song ends.  The error code that comes up is:

"Unable to play (insert name of song and artist here) - the song is not encoded correctly (see attachment for screen shot)

So, is this a Sonos issue or a Spotify issue? Or, is it a problem on both ends and something isn't connecting correctly.  Any instructor at the gym that uses Apple music or another player for their music has no problems at all. It's only the Spotify users that have songs skipping.

You can imagine how frustrating this is to be teaching a fitness class and tracks are skipping all over the place. Please help!!! 

IMG_9053001.png
4 Replies

I'm having crazy issues with Spotify cutting out on Sonos as well, you're not alone. I've tried everything from going wireless to rebooting speakers to changing SonosNet channel - but no luck. I'm hopeful that Sonos & Spotify can dive deeper and see what the underlying issue is. This doesn't happen with any other streaming services I use. 

Thanks so much. It is so frustrating. I hope there is a fix soon. Thanks for responding.

Same problem on my home network which includes Sonos Play:1 and Sonos One SL. Terrible user experience. Hope a solution is offered soon.

Hi, I ended up downloading the new Sonos app ..looks like this and now it
works great!
[image: image.png]

Suggested posts