Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app (PC or phone) should warn when using Connect but target device may be somewhere else

Spotify app (PC or phone) should warn when using Connect but target device may be somewhere else

If I am using Spotify Connect from my laptop or phone to control say a Gramofon at home, then I go somewhere else, say to work, and start up Spotify .... I unkowingly am controlling my device at home.   People at home are  bewildered, or even scared while I listen to silence.

The Spotify App (PC, phone) should detect when it is controlling another device and that device may not be nearby any more, and warn the user.    For example ...

- If a PC has a new IP address, or has been slept or hibernated since last use, Spotify should warn before allowing any control of a different device

- If a phone has a new IP address, or its Location (GPS or whatever) is more than 50 yards away from where Spotify was last used, and Spotify remains in Connect mode, it should warn the user.

"

There may be better ways to decide when to warn the user ... but it should be easy enough to know if you may be "somewhere else" but are still controlling a device from the previous session with the App.

0 Replies

Suggested posts