Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify app discontinued on LG TVs - Spotify connect not working...

Spotify app discontinued on LG TVs - Spotify connect not working...

I have used the spotify app on my LG tv quiet a lot. now you have discontinued the app and playing should be "much easier just connecting your phone to you tv or speakers". Only problem is my LG tv is a smart TV but NOT wirelesly connected! It is connected to the same network though, just by an ethernet cable. But my phone does not recocnize the tv when a song is playing. in the device menu the only option I get is "this iPhone" - If I click more options the only option is still "iPhone". Why can I not connect to the TV when the TV is connected to the same network as the phone, although connected with a cable? Does this mean a have to by either a new TV or a cromecast to listen to Spotify onwards? If yes, do you then think I as a costumer find it "must easier to listen to spotify now"? I probably want by a new tv or a cromecast yust to be able to listen to spotify, I will probaly just stop using spotify instead... Please consider a way that people without a WIFI tv can enjoy spotify in the future, without having to by aditional gadgets... 

Kind regards

Isabella

1 Reply

Really frustrating!

I canceled Apple Music exactly for the ease of Spotify connecting to various devices and third-party apps like DJAY, plus of course my LG SmarthTV.
I expect a quick fix or I will return to Apple Music.

Alexandre 

Brazil

Suggested posts