Premium

Country

Spain

Device

LG SK8 (Built in Chromecast)

Operating System

Android, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I'm having trouble since a week, I literally can't cast Spotify to my soundbar from ANY device. I have tried with my laptop, Desktop PC and several smartphones. 
The soundbar works fine. I can cast my phone's audio with other apps. 

I can see the soundbar listed in my network devices. When I choose to cast spotify to the built in Chromecast, it keeps attempting to connect, but it never endes. The same happens using smartphones and PC. 

I have read many people complaining about the same issue. It's not fixed yet. 
 Already updated soundbar firmware, and cellphone spotify app (unistalled and clean installed).

Top Answer
Mihail
Spotify Legend

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We've taken this up with the team at LG as it's related to the particular devices and how they are set up to function. Because of this it's not something we can influence.

We recommend that you, if your setup allows it, change the digital sound out setting on your devices from Auto or Pass Through to another one. Improvements have also already been put into place and the firmware of some models has been updated to remedy this.

So make sure to update your firmware to the latest version available and if the issue persists - reach out to the Customer Support team of LG. You can contact them here.

Thanks!

231 Replies

Hello there, i had that problem from months ago, i tried everything and nothing worked. I have LG SK10Y,.. Restarted the device, reinstalled apps, plug, unplug, create a group in the google home.. Tried Everything and nothing.. Have to say that i check if it works almost everyday to see if something is fixed or what.. And today with no other change, just simply tried one more time and.. Tada! Now it works perfectly. I can cast from Spotify directly to the soundbar, but through the group. Maybe Spotify is doing their thing at last. Good luck!

It currently works for me (SK8) using my laptop (windows 10) and my android phone. So they are working on it 🙂

Finally it works as well on my side (sk8). But I first have to unplug the soundboard and wait 15 min... after that Windows 10 Spotify did not show the soundboard, but my Android could connext and stream. It#s now 2h up and streaming...

Everything seems to be working again. @Elena I do not understand why the community is not notified via this thread. Seems like a great opportunity for Spotify to stay in touch with their customers.

Great to see that the problem is solved. I first turned of the soundbar with the remote and after that I unplugged the soundbar and plugged it in after a minute. After that it worked again. Via phone and google hub.

Well done, after the update everything is working fine now.. 

congratulations Spotify, you made it work for one day. what are you doing there it was working and now only appears wi fi on my lg sk10y soundbar and music comes from computer with windows 10. i also tryed with android with miui 12 (xiaomi) and nothing work again.

i also disconnected sounbar from power, i really dont understand what is happening there and worth, we dont have any answer from spotify. its sad the way you choose to work with your clients.

stop working here also no connection with win 10 and android.

now its not working on bt as well. so what am i paying for? if no answer from spotify then goodbat spotify

• it doesn't work again. 

works again 

Thul, thank you for your post,  you should work for spotify, at least you advise us.

it works again, i dont know for how long and what is spotify doing.

well merry christmas to all

This morning a posted that everything was working again. Now it stopped working again. This is becoming very frustrating. By the way: Spotify knows about this issue apparently. As they state in the reply on my tweet. Please start retweeting my twitter post.  Seems to be picked up there.

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/status/1336675466447613953

At my side it still works but it takes literally forever to connect with Android, doesn't connect at all with Windows! Probably in a few hours it doesn't work anymore.

SJ9 here.

Currently working for me with LG SK6F and android phone, I will try again in the next days. Hope it will last for more than some hours...

This is working again after the last app update from spotify.  (Android phone)

Have this issue with my Vizio SB3821-D6. Seems others are having this issue as well: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Spotify-unable-to-cast-to-Vizio-Soundbar/m-p/5091821/highli...

I opened a VM and installed an older Windows desktop version of Spotify from a few months back (1.1.37.690.g8f3b16fc) and that lets me cast to the soundbar fine. Seems the feature was broken in an update.

Update: Now works with newest version of Spotify

Working now for me on LG SK8

Working for me as well on LG SK9Y. 

LG SK10Y,

20BC9B95-3CCE-4C37-8687-423036F3DBF7.jpeg

Works for me,

2 days - so far so good

Working here as well!

Streaming Spotify with Chromecast to SK9Y is okay again with no version changes of the Soundbar so it must be new Spotify Version 8.5.89.901 which was installed on 15.12.2020 👍

Still a notification to all those users here would have been nice @Elena 

Suggested posts