Premium

Country

Spain

Device

LG SK8 (Built in Chromecast)

Operating System

Android, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I'm having trouble since a week, I literally can't cast Spotify to my soundbar from ANY device. I have tried with my laptop, Desktop PC and several smartphones. 
The soundbar works fine. I can cast my phone's audio with other apps. 

I can see the soundbar listed in my network devices. When I choose to cast spotify to the built in Chromecast, it keeps attempting to connect, but it never endes. The same happens using smartphones and PC. 

I have read many people complaining about the same issue. It's not fixed yet. 
 Already updated soundbar firmware, and cellphone spotify app (unistalled and clean installed).

231 Replies

Hello, I have resolved this issue.

I've changed the name of the soundbar in LG speakers movil app. 

Then, all is right... rename Soundbar by other.

Worked for a few days (iPhone & Spotify 8.5.86 & LG DSK8) - But it doesn‘t work again today. I haven‘t changed anything. 

Still fine here across SJ8, H7 and H3... fingers crossed this stays working.

Individual and group play are working as expected with no connection issues.

This is using Win 10 app, iPhone and iPad, and Android.

• My LG sk10y is working fine now, i hope spotify keep quiet now with future updates, 
  • Merry Christmas to all

SK8 stop again after working a few day. But @jmzgza Tip works. Just rename the soundbar and it works again. Seems Spotify has some problems on their service side again and again. 

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We've taken this up with the team at LG as it's related to the particular devices and how they are set up to function. Because of this it's not something we can influence.

We recommend that you, if your setup allows it, change the digital sound out setting on your devices from Auto or Pass Through to another one. Improvements have also already been put into place and the firmware of some models has been updated to remedy this.

So make sure to update your firmware to the latest version available and if the issue persists - reach out to the Customer Support team of LG. You can contact them here.

Thanks!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I noticed this morning the software and Chromecast version had been updated on my LG SK10Y Soundbar. No idea when this happened but previous Chromecast version was 1.21.xx, new version is now 1.36.xx as below:

B80475B2-C701-4D95-9D2B-F274F535B7E6.jpeg

its funny, mine is still 1.21,xxxx and it works, No upgrades from spotify or lg needed.
i hope this time it keeps working for a long time. thats what we are paying for, right?

i also have a sk10y with rear wireless speakers.

It's such a tragedy that they just never acknowledge their own problem and ALWAYS  blame others and have their customer run around the reset/reinstall and call hardware vendors. It's so obvious that the 12/12 Spotify update fixed the problem of casting to either LG or Vizio soundbars. Both myself and my wife literally observed the cast failure before update and success immediately after the update. Sigh...

LG SK10Y here. I'm able to cast Spotify to my soundbar, but it will randomly just disconnect and the soundbar disappears from my devices until I restart my desktop app. All devices are in the same room, so it's not a wifi connectivity issue.

I restarted the soundbar first to see if that was the issue, but it was still gone from device list. Only when I restarted the Spotify app did it show up again.

I noticed it started working slightly before the update. Thanks for letting us know. Great to hear this problem is solved.

Hey @markioooo@marsbeetle and @jrosado,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We're happy to hear that everything works as expected now and appreciate the time you took to confirm it. Since this has been taken care of, we're locking any further replies to this thread. 

If  anyone is still experiencing issues with their soundbar, it's most likely unrelated to the one discussed here and we recommend that you start a new thread in the relevant Help Board. We'll happily help you there. 

Thanks for your understanding and have a nice day!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts