Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify will not play audio through Ps4 application

Spotify will not play audio through Ps4 application

When I start my Ps4, all audio works. There is sufficient wifi for both applications. However, when I try to play music on the Spotify application, the music shows its playing but no music comes from the Ps4. This is a new issue that I've troubleshot from the wifi router, to the playstation and to Spotify. The app works on mobile and desktop and used to work on Ps4 and only recently stopped playing music entirely. Ive tried uninstalling Spotify to restart it. Ive restarted my Ps4 and wifi router, and nothing has fixed the issue. Maybe Spotify for gaming consoles needs to be updated?
2 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome. 

For starters, we'd suggest checking if the volume of the music when you're playing content is up. To check it, open Spotify> hold the PlayStation Button> Music. There, you'll see this menu:

You can manage this menu with the Clockwise buttons. Press square to open the volume controller, and check there if the volume is up.

If everything is in order there, check if there are any updates pending for Spotify. Select search for updates from the feed menu by pressing the menu button in your controller.

Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I’m having this same problem! Spotify please fix! 

Suggested posts