Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't connect to Sonos devices for a few days now.

Spotify won't connect to Sonos devices for a few days now.

Hi, I've been using Spotify to play music on multiple ethernet-wired Sonos speakers for years, up until a few days ago. Now, Spotify just says "Connecting to " when I try to connect and eventually times out. This happens on Spotify on Windows 11 and on Android. It happens to my Sonos Playbar and Play:1. However, the devices work fine through all other mechanisms, including the Sonos App. I tried restarting my internet and my computer and phone and speaker. Nothing makes a difference.
25 Replies

Excellent, this worked for me. Thank you.

I've noticed the same behavior. I suspect the problem is that the connection can't be made using Spotify connect if the Sonos service isn't running. I've noticed that if I can't connect with Spotify and then start the Sonos app, I can go back to Spotify and connect to my Sonos amp.

How do you do this? I am having this same issue.

Anyone else that's using Oneplus? Apparently there is a bug in the latest Oxygen-release wich cause this issue.
If I switch to flightmode and then switch back, the speakers turns up as they should. But disappears about 5-10 minutes later.

So If you're using Oneplus you need to wait for the next release. (No clue when it's coming)

I have been successfully playing Spotify on my Sonos system (10+) speakers since years.
Suddenly over the last days Spotify is not a service on Sonos anymore and it also does not appear as one of the many services, that one can add in Sonos.
This is for all the devices that we use to control Sonos and Spotify, i.e. Android and Apple.
I can still play other services (Tuneln, Sonos Radio) on Sonos and I can also play music from Spotify on each of my mobile devices. But I cannot send Spotify output to Sonos system.
Has Spotify or Sonos discontinued the integration?
Does anyone else have same experience

This did not work for me. I checked pihole and that domain was not listed under the logs. I added it to whitelist anyway, still did not work. 
I tried the usual troubleshooting of reset speakers, reinstall app, reset wifi, restart phone. Nothing.
In the end the problem was my account. Something odd happened with my account and I was logged out of some devices automatically. I had to log back in. 
Well for some reason this logged out the Spotify account on the Sonos speakers. I had to re-login my account on the Sonos speakers, then the android app would work. Also this only affected older speakers like Play1 (which are most of my speakers). Must be some restriction that the app put in place, because other apps I used (Sonos Youtube Player) did not care about the account. So if this happens to you, check your Sonos app and make sure the Spotify account is still logged into the speakers. 

Suggested posts