Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Storage Location

Solved!

Storage Location

I would love to move the app to my SD card.  I  is a rather large app and takes up a lot of space. I think that being able to choose between the internal and external. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @PirateTrex46,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We hope you don't mind us moving your post out of the ideas section to one of our Help boards as it fits better here.

That being said, we'd like to add some insights. It's possible for some devices that have SD card space; Spotify provides the option to choose where to store the cache and downloads, either in the internal memory of the device or on the SD card (if any). You can read more about it in this article.

Nevertheless, Spotify can't decide where the whole app will be installed. Most apps are installed in the internal memory of the device by default because this is the choice of the manufacturer/operative system. We'd recommend checking with the manufacturer of your device, as this is something we can't control.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @PirateTrex46,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We hope you don't mind us moving your post out of the ideas section to one of our Help boards as it fits better here.

That being said, we'd like to add some insights. It's possible for some devices that have SD card space; Spotify provides the option to choose where to store the cache and downloads, either in the internal memory of the device or on the SD card (if any). You can read more about it in this article.

Nevertheless, Spotify can't decide where the whole app will be installed. Most apps are installed in the internal memory of the device by default because this is the choice of the manufacturer/operative system. We'd recommend checking with the manufacturer of your device, as this is something we can't control.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thank you for the information. 

Suggested posts