Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Submitting for Playlist Consideration for Spotify Editors Not Showing

Submitting for Playlist Consideration for Spotify Editors Not Showing

We are trying to submit a song to the Spotify Editors for playlist consideration, but in the Upcoming tab, the song never shows. Does it have to be an upcoming release? And I believe we can only do the "upcoming release" if I upgrade to the more expensive level?  

"When you have unreleased music you’ll find it here. Note: expect a gap between the date you upload music to a distributor or label, and when it appears here. This can be several days depending on the distributor.

This is also where you’ll be able to submit a song to Spotify editors for playlist consideration."

So can a song that is already released not be considered for a Spotify playlist? I have 2 songs I'd like to submit. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 8.26.24 AM.png
6 Replies

Hey @Feigns and welcome to the Spotify Community! 🙂
Yes, the track would need to be unreleased in order for it to be considered.
You can read more details about the process on the Spotify For Artists FAQ page if you'd like as well.
Best of luck and have an amazing day! 🙂

Ok, that's' what I figured, but they need to make that more clear.

And they need to change the part where they say it's "free":

"It’s totally free to use and external parties can’t influence our editors."

Because then you have to upgrade from $20 to $35 in order to do upcoming release, right? 

It's not really spelled out very clearly on this page:

https://artists.spotify.com/faq/promotion

Hi again @Feigns !

Are you by chance working with a distributor to upload your content? Spotify For Artists itself is free to use, but if you are working with another party I am not sure what their subscriptions might entail specifically.
If not, feel free to reply and I'll see what else I can do. 🙂

Thanks for the response. Yep, I'm using Distrokid. I see what you are saying now.
So how do people do it without a distributor?

Hi again @Feigns 🙂
I checked into it a little more and it looks like Spotify's beta program for independent artists was discontinued in July. You can read about that decision here if you like. Going forward, you would still need to work with a distributor or label to submit music to the platform.
I hope this was useful and have a great day! 🙂

Hi,

we have the same issue here except that we uploaded new music quite a while ago and distributor (distrokid) confirmed more than 4 days ago that content was delivered successfully to stores. Still, it does not show up under upcoming tab. Quite frustrating as we postponed release date to be able to pitch songs in due course but it seems it was a waste of time.

Thanks
Pete

Suggested posts