Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switching Podcast from Anchor.fm to here

Switching Podcast from Anchor.fm to here

Hello!

I am in the process of publishing my our first podcast episode since Anchor.fm fully integrated into Spotify and am having trouble trying to verify my podcast.  I went to anchor.fm which redirected to Spotify for Podcasters.  I am logged in and I have the "Welcome to Spotify for Podcasters" message and it has a button to "Get Started".  In order to validate I need to include the RSS URL to my podcast.  However, Spotify's suggested method is to go under Settings in your Spotify for Podcasters desktop to get the RSS feed.  Unfortunately the only option available on the page is to get started.  The menu has one link and it is to Claim your podcast but that points to the same page.

So, I am unsure of how to get my podcast's anchor.fm URL to enter it into the form to "claim" my podcast so that I can actually access the dashboard.  I greatly appreciate any help!

2 Replies

I am replying to my own question to supply an answer just in case anyone else has an issue with switching from anchor.fm to Spotify for Podcasters.

For whatever reason going to www.anchor.fm redirected me to the page that is meant to transfer your podcast from another service over to Spotify for Podcasters.  I am not sure why that is where it redirected me.  The only option that it allowed me was to enter the RSS feed URL and verify ownership of the podcast.  There were no links or breadcrumbs to get to a page where I was supposed to select whether my podcast was with anchor or another service.  I talked with an agent through support chat and they had me log out and go to https://podcasters.spotify.com/getstarted and when I logged in I was able to select the first option which was for anchor.fm podcasts and it took me right into my dashboard.  I do not know why the redirect sent me automatically into the third option and did not make it clear that there was somewhere else to go to specify that my podcast was with anchor.

So, should anyone run into this issue just log out, go to the link above and log back in.  Pick the first option and since the podcast should have already been verified on your spotify account, it should be ready to go and take you to your podcast's dashboard.

Hi everyone, 

I had three podcasts on Anchor (with three different emails) and now that they have moved to Spotify, I can only find one of them. Could you please help me?

Thank you in advance,

Vicky 

Suggested posts