Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The Sound

The Sound

My music keeps cutting in and out. It works when I use the online web player, but when I use the app this problem occurs. Help please.

3 Replies

Hey @Shi3

That's not fun!

Has this issue always been present, or is it a recent thing?
Please tell me your operating system (Windows, Mac or something else?) ๐Ÿ™‚

There are a few things that I know may cause issues, such as some settings in the Sound and some antivirus apps. I've heard that Avast, for example, has this interesting technique in scanning the http traffic. It's certainly helpful in terms of security, but constant scanning in Spotify traffic may cause delays, resulting in disrupted playback. In this case the solution is adding Spotify in the whitelist.

Looking forward to your reply!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you for the helpful tips. Also, I have a Windows Computer, and this problem started recently.

@Shi3

You're welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

I'd suggest reinstalling the Spotify app. Try this (clean reinstall):

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.

2. Go to %AppData% in the file explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming.

3. Restart your computer.

4. Now you can reinstall Spotify.

If that didn't work, then try checking whether you have some uninstalled updates (for Windows).

Additionally, try going to Sound (search for 'Sound'), and you should see a small window with 'Playback', 'Communications' and other tabs.

Under 'Communications', set Windows to do nothing when communication activity is detected.

Disable any sound enhancements.

Let me know what happens! ๐Ÿ™‚

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts