Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Volvo] Album Art not appearing for certain songs

[Volvo] Album Art not appearing for certain songs

I use the embeded SpotifyApp (not via Android Auto) in my Volvo car (Volvo V60 T6 with Sensus from 2021).

Since two days I have no more album arts !

I triyed to disconnect and reconnect, desinstal an reinstall the App, Chnge internet connexion source (from imbeded Modem to WiFi Hotspot) but without any result. The album arts are still missing.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks!

Volvo-Spotify.jpg

32 Replies

I have contacted Volvo support chat on their Swedish web page, and the lady there told me that the Spotify app for Sensus is being developed by Spotify, not by Volvo. So I guess the only one that can fix this is Spotify.

If there are any Spotify representatives on this forum, can they please confirm they are aware of this issue? 

Also, there is another issue with the app. When searching for songs or artists, it very often either disconnects the car from Internet, or even disconnects the whole phone from bluetooth. This used to happen in the early days of new XC90 model back in 2016-2017, but was fixed later. Now it is back.

Also, sometimes, I guess when the list of results in search is very long, the app shows the results, but they are all greyed out, and I can not select anything from the list.

Volvo XC90 MY21 with Sensus OS.

Connection to Internet from the phone via bluetooth tethering.

Many problems with the Spotify app:

1. Album art not shown at all, or sometimes shown for some songs, but not the others

2. When searching for songs/artists, the app often disconnects the whole car from Internet, or even disconnects the phone from bluetooth

3. Search results for some searches are grayed out and can not be selected. I think this happens when there are too many results. This typically happens when the search phrase has more words, which makes the search engine search for each word individually, bringing too many results to be practical.

Troubleshootng attempted:

I tried to use WiFi hotspot from the same phone instead of bluetooth tethering, but the problem with not showing album art remained.

I believe the root cause of this problem (and all other problems the Volvo app has) is unstable Internet connectivity caused by interaction between the app and the Sensus OS, the connection drops frequently and some or all of the pictures are not downloaded correctly. Developers need to take care of how they program and use the TCP socket layer in Sensus OS. It can be done the right way, as many previous versions of the Spotify app were working fine (well, acceptable). From time to time there is an app update that causes a disaster, end this last update in September 2023 was one of them.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for all your replies and for the info shared.

We've forwarded all this important info to the right team, so they can continue investigating this behavior. 

@StevenLivings, if you noticed this behavior on your side, remember to send us the info @OscarDC mentioned here

We'll be on the lookout! 

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Same, no any album pictures displayed. Volvo V60CC 2022

Same problem, no album cover graphics

XC60 MY 2018

internet via car modem with SIM

Hi @AlejaR

Any news concerning this bug? Do the IT Team need more input to resolve the problem ? 

I would like to add that the behaviour of Spotify in Volvo is very arbitrary. For example, I listen to a song/album where the album art is displayed. I briefly stop my car and turn off and then turn on again the motor and the Sensus System. Logically I continue to listen to the song that was just played before. Surprisingly, the album art is now no longer available... it's like flipping a coin, 'Album art Yes/No'. 

I would be happy to hear some encouraging, good news from Spotify.

Thanks!

It now works as supposed again. so everything ok up to now.

Did not do anything..so it may heve been in the feed from spotify.

Pieter.

Sorry PJvM,

The problem is still not solved. Yes, it is better, but the behaviour is still very arbitrary. Some times it works, sometime not !!!

Spotify, what are the news please.

Thanks.

same problem in my XC60 2020. i have tried several things like reload the app, including delete everything at original values (software car reload at original values)

please, solve problem as soon as popsible. Thanks

Good news!

This morning (November 3rd), the Volvo Sensus System informed me that there is a new Spotify update available. I installed it immediately. After driving for an hour and listening to Spotify Music, I can say that everything seems to be alright now. All small and larger album arts are downloaded and shown in the different views.

I will continue to test this in the coming days to see if this version has corrected this bug completely or not.

Anyway, I want to express my gratitude to the Spotify Team for their prompt reaction and (apparently)
resolving the issue.

Yes, I have got the update as well, and album art is showing again.

All the connectivity problems and search problems I mentioned above are still there.

Installed the update, no issues any more.

Thanks Spotify for the quick solution!!

Suggested posts