Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP 7.5] Bluetooth problem in Windows Mobile

Solved!

[WP 7.5] Bluetooth problem in Windows Mobile

Spotify can't play music if I shut off my Bluetooth-headphones. I need a phone restart before i can play music again.

This problem is well-knowed in Spotify. I just got a Windows Phone and this is good. I love Spotify much more now. 🙂

Heart to Spotify. Hope you fix this problem!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You guys need to fix this problem! 

I frequently use Spotify on Bluetooth in my car, and in 90% of the cases I turn the car off without closing / stopping Spotify first. This means that in order to play a song on spotify afterwards, I have to restart my phone! A really big downside! 

And hpguru: could you change your topic to Windows Phone, instead of Mobile? 

View solution in original post

13 Replies

I fix it: all you need is disable first Bluetooth in Phone settings, then Bluetooth-headphones. After this you can play music via Bluetooth, phone speaker or other headphones. No need to restart.

But yes, if you first shut off headphones, Spotify can't play music anymore, if you do not restart your Windows phone.

Marked as solution

You guys need to fix this problem! 

I frequently use Spotify on Bluetooth in my car, and in 90% of the cases I turn the car off without closing / stopping Spotify first. This means that in order to play a song on spotify afterwards, I have to restart my phone! A really big downside! 

And hpguru: could you change your topic to Windows Phone, instead of Mobile? 

This is really annoying. Tha lack of good support from Spotify and the dreadful Whatsapp porting to WP7 aremaking me consider to go back again to iPhone 😞

This is not a solution to this problem! Wake up Spotify, you NEED to fix this problem!

Yeah please dont tag this as solved, its not.

Im about to cancel my subscription over this, and try out other streaming options. 

I cancelled Rdio cause the WP7 feeze all the time, now spotify does this too with Bluetooth. Please have this fix, if zune pass has a better way to manage playlist, I'll be cancelling both of you companies showing no effort to support WP7 platform.

Found a solution. Cancelled Spotify and Rdio, Rhapsody works. There you go. Shouldn't have to beg so hard for a company to fix their **bleep**ty product. 

Hi

Is there a fix to this problem? It's really a million procent annoying problem!!!

Example 1: I listen to spotify in my car via bluetooth to my car stereo. I get a phone call. I talk via car stereo mic and car stereo speakers. Conversation ends. I try to start listening again spotify. Doesn't start playing. Starts only after restarting the phone.

Example 2: I listen to spotify in my car via bluetooth to my car stereo. I leave the car with my phone or turn of the readio. Next time spotify doesn't start playing until restarting the phone.

Example 3: I'm at the gym and listen spotify via bluetooth headphones. I get a call. After the call spotify doesn't start playing until I restart my phone.

You can imagine that it's rathet annoying if I get many phonecalls while I'm at the gym and I need to start the phone several times to get the music going again. Annoying indeed. Fix it!!!

This app was released November 2011. Bluetooth bug is still here.

How this is possible. Oh, this is Spotify...

Rdio had 2 releases update. Bluetooth no longer hang, but still take a few more tries and a bit of a wait on connect/disconnect. But at least it doesn't freeze and require a reboot. New release is a good step forward. 

Hey, add your kudos to this All Windows Phone bugs in one thread thread, if you want that Spotify fix those problems.

Let's hope that my thread will sit at home page on the community forever. Maybe then Spotify notice those problems.

Oh and thanks if Spotify can response to us with timeline of improving WP app.

Cheers.

Hi, please note this is not a w7 o.ly problem: i experience the same faulty behaviors on android.

Suggested posts