Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP8] Can't log in using GSM/Mobile network. WiFi works fine

[WP8] Can't log in using GSM/Mobile network. WiFi works fine

Hi

I cannot logon to spotify on windows phone 8 (Lumia 920) using GSM network, only Wifi. Any Idea? Gets the following message when trying on 3g: "Login Failed - Unknown error (126)"

Any help appreciated!

Regards Frode

9 Replies

I have the same issue, on Nokia Lumia 920

same here!

device: htc 8X

signal strength: 3g

Just through this out there because I know it is the same on BlackBerry, but you might need to manually set your carrior APN to get it to work. My post about doing this on BlackBerry is here if it is any help. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi everybody,

I have almost exactly the same problem on my Lumia 820 : ( Login Failed - Unknown error (112) and was happy to find this thread. Is this a known bug to Spotify to be fixed, when the WP8 gets out of its Beta-Phase?

Manually setting my carrior APN to get it to work is not the solution I wanna have even after Beta, when I pay 10€ a month to use a service.

Thanks.

The issue is, if that is the problem which causes this error then it is out of Spotify's control most likely to fix it. 

In the case of BlackBerry which I know, the carrier APN always needs set by the customer.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

i have uploaded and uninstalled on my mob(samsung experia) still no joy at accessing spotify premium on there aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAGGHHH!  I really need it to work...any ideas? it IS a  spotify problem as any other apps i use do work fine... SPOTIFY, or anybody please help . I feel a tenner a month for this feature would be fine IF IT WORKED...in hope of a solution, truthshome

Try to set a login and password for your mobile device, then logging in with those details:
https://www.spotify.com/account/set-device-password/

Community Ergo Sum

that changes nothing for me, still same issue, does not really matter whether to use FB or device credentials!

Login still not working, except via WIFI.

Phone: HTC 8X (with latest WP8 update).

Network speed at the time: 3G

Can we count on an fix/update soon? cauz this bug is known for over a montah already, would be nice to use it over 3g as well.

I just wondern if this is either a device specific problem (as some manage to get it to work after reinstall and stuff) or random -_-?

The way I overcame the problem was to first login in via WIFI and afterwards you can use it also via 3g (offline mode only).

Then no further login is needed. Still I would love to also be able to login in via 3g and then also use search and streaming over 3g

as its actually the most essential feature when it comes to spotify. Well would love to get an update on this matter, as it concerns others as well.  

Same issue. Cannot login or listen to streaming music over 3G. When I use Wifi everything works fine.

Phone: Nokia Lumia 920, Windows Phone 8

Account: Premium

No such issue on my previous phone (Nokia N9)

Suggested posts