Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Web Player] [Memory] [Chromium] Error: Out of Memory

[Web Player] [Memory] [Chromium] Error: Out of Memory

For a few weeks now, It seems that after some time the spotify webplayer crashes the tab, inducing an error "Out of Memory" and other similar errors. This may not be a spotify issue, however this allows for members of the spotify community to check to see if this issue is resolved, or otherwise indeed a spotify issue.
Top Answer
Ivelina

Hey folks,

Thanks to everyone that's taken the time to post their details in the thread here, it's really helpful!

The teams are aware of what's happening and they're investigating. As soon as we have any updates, we'll make sure to let you know in this thread.

In the meantime, the Community's here if you need help with anything else 🙂

51 Replies

For me its also still happening for months. It happens consistently when being in another tab for ~30min and then going back to the tab. I've done some investigation and I think its a chromium bug caused by something spotify or its dependencies does. Here are some screenshots:

Screenshot 2024-07-02 140039.png

Screenshot 2024-07-02 131259.png

Screenshot 2024-07-02 115104.png

The memory leak isnt in JS Heap which is consitently in the ~60MB range. In the chromium task manager you can see the increase in memory happen. The last screenshots peak happens when the song switches but seems to be unrelated due to its small size (~3MB) and playlist length/song length doesnt seem to directly influence the leak timing/speed. After ~30min for me its at about 7.1GB where the tab crashes. Changing to the tab frees the memory. A potentially needed debugging step would be to check memory usage in chromium itself to find what causes the native memory to build up. Hope that helps.

@spotify are you going to do anything about this? Or just rely on users to do all the troubleshooting and then still not fix it?

Hey, Any updates on this?
Its been a while and its still happening.

Hey guys, anyone who has this issue let´s get in touch. I´m currently in contact with the Escalation Team from Spotify and we already fixed my issue that I had with this. I would love to help everyone here who is facing this high RAM usage, my request has been heard from the highest support team there is in Spotify so let´s just help everyone now. 

Why not just post the solution in this thread? Better yet, get @Spotify to respond and fix this for the rest of us. 

Can we get in touch? I want to try and help you with the issue, you can actually send private messages in this community, if you could enable it and send me a messages, so we can move forward.   

No, that's not the point of an open forum - all the information has already been presented by multiple people. No need for clandestine private messages. If you want to be helpful, post what you know or direct the powers that be to this thread.

Do not private message Spencer- sounds like they're trying to scam. If you have information on how to fix this and want to help others, post it openly here instead of luring people into DMs.

This problem still persists. They don't care about their user base.

Hey folks,

Thanks to everyone that's taken the time to post their details in the thread here, it's really helpful!

The teams are aware of what's happening and they're investigating. As soon as we have any updates, we'll make sure to let you know in this thread.

In the meantime, the Community's here if you need help with anything else 🙂

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

😂this is funny, problem has been going on for months no fix. Also on my S22 spotify is slow as **bleep**

Until they actually list it under ongoing issues I really don't think they are working on it at all. I'm sick and tired at this point. It's been over half a year.

Suggested posts