Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player Search

Web Player Search

Hello,

I presume I'm not the only person experiencieng this, but I couldn't find any other references. I just got Spotify Premium and am using the Web Player while at work. When trying to use the search bar in the Web Player, I can't search something with a space in it. It appears the currently playing song takes precedence over the search bar to the extent that the space bar is held hostage. This seems pretty important. I'm not terribly inclined to continue using a music service I can't search.

2 Replies

Exactly the same problem. If there is a solution it would be great someone could share it here.

But since I just have the same problem at the same time I could imagine that it will be fixed soon - hopefully.

Hey @user-removed

That's really bizarre!

Spacebar can be used to pause/play the song (when you've clicked on the play button area), but it shouldn't be blocked...

Easiest fix - Ctrl + F5, hard-refresh of the webpage.

I just ran into the same issue when I tried my web player.

I deleted my Spotify cookies, and also checked if it does that in another browser as well. I restarted the browser a few times (without addons, and then back to enabled addons).

It's working normally now.

I suggest deleting your cookies+cache and restarting the browser. Addons don't seem to be an issue, but you can try restarting without addons too, if you run Firefox (it's under Help).

Let me know how it goes! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts