Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Webplayer: Pausing When second Network Interface Connected

Webplayer: Pausing When second Network Interface Connected

I am in a unique situation. For my job I work on network devices that conect to the internet. My PC has 4 Network Interface Cards( 3 LAN, 1 WAN). At any given time I could be using 3 of them with 2 connected to the internet.  Other pages are fine through chrome but the spotify webplayer will pause when one of the other LAN interfaces comes up(Not connected to internet). 

Is there a way to force spotify web player to use a specific interface on the computer?

4 Replies

Hey @gmogoody,

Welcome to Spotify Community!

There is a way and it's called routing.

There is a good post here explaining how to do so.

Let me know if you need something else 🙂

I would be asking this question for a basic routing. If you read my question the player doesn't stop completely. It pauses and then resumes and is really annoying when you are power cycling a device you are developing on

Lan1: 10.21.0.X
Lan2: 10.0.0.X
Lan3 192.168.1.X

All Masks set to 255.255.255.0

Now if you can tell me a way to set Chrome a windows application and a specific tab to use the 10.21.0.X route exclusively through IP tables, or "routing" I am all ears. You Tube has no problem with this. It continues to stream when the 10.0.0.X interface goes up and down in the background . Which made me think it was an issue with the Web Player

Hey @gmogoody,

I will have to make few tests on this and I will get back to you.

YouTube does not stop because there is something called buffering.

With youtube there was maybe a second or two visible buffer. I tested it.
Behind the scenes there could have been more. You are saying a media
streaming app like this web player doesn't buffer as well? That seems odd.

I will test my other audio streaming apps as well today to see if maybe it
is more of a flash limitation. Could have sworn I never had this issue with
my synology audio web app.

Suggested posts