Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Windows Phone] Focus on fixing bugs rather than adding features

[Windows Phone] Focus on fixing bugs rather than adding features

I am/was a huge fan of Spotify. I am huge fan of the discover weekly playlist. Also I would really enjoy the activity feed (if it would work).

But there are lots of bugs. Please prioritize repairing the app, before adding new features. Please do not just push out ever new updates (updates are great, don't get me wrong) before testing them on numerous different devices (with different operating systems and resolutions).

Treat customer complaints/feedback with respect, since it is those customers who help you improve the quality of your product. Do not treat complaints as isolated incidents, but consider that most people (experiencing the same problems) won't take the time to give you feedback.

Some examples of bugs:

Windows 10 Notebook:

- Spotify often crashes, when I switch audio output (USB, audio jack, onboard speakers). I then have to go to the task manager to stop 2-3 instances of Spotify. This is very annoying.

- Spotify often highlights the wrong song in playlists (not the song, that is currently being played), when moving songs inbetween playlists.

- The acitivity feed is completely broken. I only very rarely get updates, despite following 100s of artists.

Windows Phone:

- Spotify randomly stops playing after a song.

- Spotify once first did not react to smartphone volume control, but later suddenly blasted my ears with terribly loud music (deafened me for a few seconds).

- Spotify displays wrong song as currently being played.

"Funny" moment just now: see image.

spotify_1.PNG
0 Replies

Suggested posts