Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can I reset the applications algorithm?

Solved!

can I reset the applications algorithm?

Hi! For some time my son is using my phone with spotify to listen to his favorite songs. Now I'm planning to create his own account and get my spotify back. How can I reset the memory/algorithm of the application to get my "taste" back or (worst case scenario) build it up from scratch? Now it's kind of "infected" by my sons songs 😉

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @eNeM311!

It's not possible to reset your account's music taste / recommendations yet, but you can gradually direct the algorithm into recommending more of the stuff you actually like by listening to your favorite music. This, of course, may take some time, but it's definitely doable.

You could also create a brand new account and start from scratch if you'd rather go that route. In that case it's best to reach out to Customer Support so they can guide you through the process as well as transfer your current library to the new account.

There's also an idea about resetting your account's taste here which you may find interesting. Note that despite its status, the idea is still open for voting so you can give it a thumbs up to show your support. We revisit those ideas on regular intervals and it might be that their time would be right in the future.

Something else that's worth mentioning is that if you live together with your son, it's worth checking out Premium Duo - it's a discount plan indented for two people who share the same home address. You can find out more info here.

Hope this clears things up. The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @eNeM311!

It's not possible to reset your account's music taste / recommendations yet, but you can gradually direct the algorithm into recommending more of the stuff you actually like by listening to your favorite music. This, of course, may take some time, but it's definitely doable.

You could also create a brand new account and start from scratch if you'd rather go that route. In that case it's best to reach out to Customer Support so they can guide you through the process as well as transfer your current library to the new account.

There's also an idea about resetting your account's taste here which you may find interesting. Note that despite its status, the idea is still open for voting so you can give it a thumbs up to show your support. We revisit those ideas on regular intervals and it might be that their time would be right in the future.

Something else that's worth mentioning is that if you live together with your son, it's worth checking out Premium Duo - it's a discount plan indented for two people who share the same home address. You can find out more info here.

Hope this clears things up. The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Yordan!

Thanks a lot for such a complete answer! 🙂 Now I know what my options are.

Thanks again and take care! 🙂

Suggested posts