Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

connect shows different song from what is actually playing

connect shows different song from what is actually playing

I am playing the music on my PC App. When I want to see on my Android phone what song is playing it shows a completely different song! Weirdly I can pause and play the song from the phone. Both apps are up to date.
2 Replies

This could be a syncing issue between the Spotify app on your PC and the Spotify app on your Android phone. You can try the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Make sure that both the PC and Android apps are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.

2. Log out of your Spotify account on both the PC and Android app, then log back in.

3. Try restarting both your PC and your Android phone.

4. Make sure that both the PC and Android apps are up-to-date. You can check for updates in the respective app stores.

5. If the issue persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify app on your Android phone.

If none of these steps work, you may want to contact Spotify support for further assistance.

Thanks. A restart solves this, but the problem is this happens too often, and it's really annoying! I usually listen to music from the laptop which is connected to the stereo system, I am curled up under a blanket reading in the other room, so I really don't appreciate if I have to get up and restart the computer just because Spotify has a nasty bug!

Suggested posts