Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

downloading to wireless headphones

downloading to wireless headphones

I purchased the samsung icon wireless headphones. The reviews said that they play twice as long if you download the music directly onto them rather than using bluetooth to listen. Someone, somewhere said that with my premium spotify account, I can do this but I cannot figure out how. Please help. Thanks.

4 Replies

Hey @RandScott,

To listen to Spotify's content, you need to use the app itself, so you need your phone to listen to it.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Really stupid. I want to listen while swimming and only way to do that is to download because Bluetooth doesn't work well under water. 

Agreed this would be a massively useful feature (almost 8 years on) just like when you download an offline playlist to your phone you could also move those files (I very much doubt there mp3s) to another device such as underwater headphones.

The issue would be formatting/encoding I would imagine, ensuring that the downloaded Spotify songs are playable on universal devices. Mp3's or something alike would be preferable but Spotify wouldn't do this due to copyright infringements.

Maybe something that the Spotify boffins could get ahead of the curve on - enhancement request from consumers.

- Either look for a universal encoding type which allows temp plays from a downloaded playlist (then corrupts if the users account no longer is active - beacons back every 24 hours)

- Or Spotify could partner with said earphone companies to make this happen (I would certainly buy a fitness / pool earphone device that does this)

Just food for thought... sort it our Spotify!

They parner with garmin watches I can download there so i know its possible. So yes.. partner with a company is the right idea. 

Thanks for chiming in!

Suggested posts