Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

my mp4.

Solved!

my mp4.

my mp4 does not show in the devices list. how do i download my music to it from spotify?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The only devices you can sync music from your computer using Spotify are iPod Nano, Shuffle and Classic devices. Other devices outside of this are not compatible.

If you wanted to sync music from the Spotify catalog, you'd need a device that can run the Spotify application - iPod Touch / iPad, Android device, Blackberry, etc.
Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thank you for this information, now I know I'll have to exchange my mp4 player for an ipod shuffle.

@David wrote:
The only devices you can sync music from your computer using Spotify are iPod Nano, Shuffle and Classic devices. Other devices outside of this are not compatible.

If you wanted to sync music from the Spotify catalog, you'd need a device that can run the Spotify application - iPod Touch / iPad, Android device, Blackberry, etc.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Airhorn Enthusiast
Marked as solution

Thank you for this information, now I know I'll have to exchange my mp4 player for an ipod shuffle.

@David wrote:

You can't sync any content from Spotify to an iPod Shuffle either (if that is what you are trying to do). Spotify will only sync local music you already own to a Nano, Shuffle or Classic just like iTunes does. (Also be aware, Spotify does not support any devices with lightning connectors).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Great. That means, that I will have to go back to stealing music from the internet, just to be able to get it into my MP4 player (I refuse to buy any product from a fruit).

I don't know, if it's Spotify's way of making sure that the music provided isn't made into pirate-copies and then sold on. But when I subscribed to premium, I expected that I could transfer my music down onto my MP4 player, so that I could use that, while I was out jogging, but apparently not. I really hope that there's a good reason for this and not just some marketting deal made with Apple, or my opinion of spotify would be severely injured.

Spotify works just as well on Android too. 😉

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts