Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

podcast missing episodes

podcast missing episodes

My podcast is missing episodes.

I have tried on friends phone, other computers, logging out and back on, nothing works.

Podcast link:
https://open.spotify.com/show/0uGt0d34Gr23dLMzoNLMVc?si=f58a6deab028494a

There are 2 episodes missing from 7th and 8th of October
3 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for posting on the Community and welcome.

In this case, we'd like to gather as much info as possible. Just to confirm, can you see the episodes you mentioned on your friends' devices?

On another note, would you mind letting us know if you could see those episodes before?

Lastly, we can confirm we couldn't see episodes uploaded on the dates you kindly mentioned. Keep in mind it's up to the podcasters to decide the content (or episodes) they want to upload to our catalog. It's possible the creators decided not to upload to the app the episodes you mentioned.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

The issue was that at my host the file was .m4a extension and Spotify seems to ignore that (unlike other players that the episode was available)

Hey @PIBLondrina.

Thanks for your reply.

We understand that you uploaded these episodes as local files on your device. Keep in mind that Spotify doesn’t support .mp4 files that contain video, or the iTunes lossless format (M4A). So, if this is the case, that's why Spotify can't import the files within the app. You can read more about it in this article.

If this is not the case, can you let us know the exact make/model and OS of your device along with the Spotify version you have running?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts