Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Opps something went wrong"

"Opps something went wrong"

Device

Chromebook 11

Operating System

Chrome OS

For a few days now i've had this problem. When i try to load my playlist it only load around three quarters before saying "Opps something went wrong reload page". First i thougt it was a problem that my spotify could'nt load that many songs, so i went to a playlist whit double the song and it loaded it in fine. Then i tried logging out and found my playlist and tried again but still got the same error message. I only have this problem on my chromebook, it works fine everywhere else. If you have a chromebook then could you test and see if its only a problem whit my laptop or its spotify, the playlist is called Hmm vad finns här ?. Any solutions would be appriciated.

6 Replies

Hey there @A_Leaning_Tower

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

We'd suggest you first restart the network device (router or modem), then log out and log back in to the Spotify app. This should fix the issue you're experiencing. 

In case it persists, try a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app. This way you can start afresh with Spotify on your Chromebook. Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on your device. 

If it doesn’t do the trick, we’ll provide you with further help. 

We'll look out for your reply. 

The thing is that i cant reinstall spotify becuase you cant download it on chromebooks

Hey @A_Leaning_Tower

Thanks for getting back to us.

If your Chromebook is Google Play Store Enabled, you can download the Android version of the Spotify app from the Google Play Store. Once you've got the app on the device you can try performing the clean reinstall. 

In case your Chromebook isn't Google Play Store Enabled, your only option would be to use the web player. If you see the error message when using the web player, we suggest you give it another try, but this time in a private/incognito window. This step makes sure you avoid issues with your browser's cache. If that doesn't do the trick try again in a different kind of browser.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

This I would try but becuase its a school computer the administation has disabled incognito mode. I tried to clear the cache but it did nothing. 

"Something went wrong" is a common Spotify error that a lot of users experience. Judging by the number of threads opened for this similar error, not sure what fixed the issue. But, you might get some troubleshooting tips here: https://www.windowsdispatch.com/fix-spotify-something-went-wrong-error/

It seems you are logged in on Spotify with multiple devices. Have you tried logging out of all the other devices and then signing in on your Chromebook?

If that doesn't work, maybe these other troubleshooting methods will work: https://digicruncher.com/oops-something-went-wrong-spotify/

Suggested posts