Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

whats the catch

whats the catch

from what i can tell spotify lets you choose what songs you want freely and then allows you to play them when you want, am i missing something? im serius i dont get why i would pay money for music if i can just do this

3 Replies

Hey @jdaprile18

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Join 140 million people that already use Spotify to soundtrack their life. Subscribe or listen for free with ads.

There is no catch and the artists are getting paid for their music when you listen to it.

Check out the help section to see what you can do with Spotify:

https://support.spotify.com

With Spotify, it’s easy to find the right music for every moment – on your phone, your computer, your tablet and more.

There are millions of tracks on Spotify. So whether you’re working out, partying or relaxing, the right music is always at your fingertips. Choose what you want to listen to, or let Spotify surprise you.

You can also browse through the music collections of friends, artists and celebrities, or create a radio station and just sit back.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yeah, if you're using the app on a tablet, then you basically get premium for free except the ads and the lower sound quality. 😄

Ok. But Spotify free kinda sucks, especially mobile for some reason, why would you make the experience worse on a platform that 99% of people will use your service on? I just don't get it.

And Spotify don't give me that**bleep** about "oh you can just buy premium and it'll be a better experience", I want you to make the mobile version without premium better.

Suggested posts