Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Podcast Ads

Podcast Ads

Despite having the most expensive subscription my listening experience has been flooded with ads. At least 2 or 3 per podcast and it’s driving me insane. It even has a 2 second lock before enabling the skip button. This is absurd, absolutely disrespectful to the consumer and I’m seriously considering unsubscribing because I feel like a FOOL paying to listen to ads. Please fix this ASAP. 

8 Replies

Hi! I'm sorry for the frustration. Are the commercials you are hearing part of the podcast--something that the creator of the podcast is recording and including as part of the program? If so, those would not be edited out by Spotify based on subscription. 

For more information on this, I'd recommend checking out this thread in the Ideas section.

Hope this helps!

No, they are Spotify targeted ads. The track name changes, so does the cover art, and the skip button locks for the first 2 seconds of the ad. And I listen to a lot of podcasts so this sums up to 20+ ads a day. So frustrating. 

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that! Do you get ads on your music too or just your podcasts?

If you are hearing ads on your music too, you might be logged  into the wrong account or something might be wrong with your subscription.

If you are just hearing the ads on the podcast, it sounds like a bug and I'd recommend contacting the Spotify support team to get their guidance.

Hope this helps!

Just on podcasts. But I don’t think it’s a bug, unfortunately. Will contact support anyway because I still think it’s unacceptable. Thank you. 

You’re not going to get what you want and it’s your fault because you didn’t read the contract so if you’ve got a bunch of time to waste and enjoy yelling at customer support reps it might make for a nice couple hours but otherwise just white knuckle it and wait the 2 seconds.

Please take your attention-hungry troll business elsewhere, you useless piece of garbage.

You could make this into a real movement- it has that kind of feel. “2 second pause” is a rallying cry to all the victims of this tragedy. 

Big up to this. Premium should mean no ads.

Suggested posts