Free and Premium

Country

UK

Device

(iPhone 6s)

Operating System

(iOS 14.7.1)

My Question or Issue

Hi - I am trying to add a family member to my family premium account. When they are sent the invite link on their phone they click on it, enter their Spotify login details (for their existing free account) but it keeps saying 'Oops, something has gone wrong'.

According to the flow this should be when they are then required to enter their address to prove that they live at the same address as the premium account holder.

Originally, I also tried creating a new Spotify account after accepting the invite but this got stuck in the Captcha loop that I've read about in many other threads.

Please help - any advice or help gratefully received as have spent several hours going round and round in circles and just want to add a family member to my account!

Many thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Mametthethird,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

I recommend asking the family member to give it a try on another device and in another browser. 🙂 They shouldn't be getting the error message you stated, since they're using a free account.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Mametthethird,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

I recommend asking the family member to give it a try on another device and in another browser. 🙂 They shouldn't be getting the error message you stated, since they're using a free account.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Worked, thank you so much Maxim - really appreciate the help! 😁

Glad to hear I was able to help, @Mametthethird 🙂 Have a great rest of your day.

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts