Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Entered wrong name as the Owner of the Family Account - I would like to change this

Entered wrong name as the Owner of the Family Account - I would like to change this

Hi Spotify community!

I have just upgraded to Family Account. I accidently typed in the name of my wife to invite her when I probably was asked to type my own name (owner of the account).

Certainly, I would like to have my name in there, but also read in the help documentations that it is not possible to change this information myself.

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Germany

I am looking forward to the support on this issue. 

2 Replies

Hey @JohannesR,

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to change the address registered on an existing Premium for Family plan.

If you move, or enter the wrong details, you need to create a new account and subscribe to Premium for Family on that account. Don’t forget to cancel the plan on your old account 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I had the same issue.. now I’m stuck with my sisters name.. I wish Spotify was more clear when asking for “owners” name and information, especially if they don’t allow you to edit your name (I think it’s a little unfair that they don’t let you, just makes no sense!) 

Suggested posts