Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family member not receiving invite email

Solved!

Family member not receiving invite email

Hi, I'm inviting a family member to my family plan and they are NOT receiving the email. I personally searched their entire inbox and spam folder, they are simply NOT getting the email.

I submitted a contact form but since I did not receive any automated reply I have no way of knowing that my form was even received.

Can someone please help? I'm paying for a service which I'm not getting and it's frustrating to not seem to be getting any assistance

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So I finally solved this. Here's what I did..

1. Checked family member's inbox and saw there was a new email from Spotify (no idea what triggered it..) that requested her to verify her email address. Done, email verified.

2. Searched her inbox for the last premium invite email she DID receive, which was last year.. she clicked on the inivite link, logged into her Spotify account, and the invite failed, but it at least let me manually paste in the code which I had copied from the invite I had sent to my work email. Success. Family member back on premium.

Hope this helps someone out there, because Spotify sure as **bleep** didn't help me.

View solution in original post

20 Replies

Im having the same problem!

Curious if you got this figured out I'm haveing the same problem

Same here. We tried on two different accounts to upgrade to Premium for Family, but the emails do not appear to go through to the family members. Super frustrating!!! 

Mind me asking what email server your sending them too?

Has anyone been able to deal with this probelm? It's the same for me.....none of my family memers received an email invitation......Can anyone help with this issue?

I fixed mine by making a fake gmail account got the code and then boom was all set that why I had asked about what email server your sending it to the original one I tried was a aol email and it didn't go threw setup the gmail and it went threw first time

I have the same problem, and I will cancel all payments unless this is resolved shortly. The email is simply not sent, and I cannot find a way to resend the invite. Also the instructions in your help pages to delete the user, is incorrect.

I have exactly the same problem.
Spotify kicked out my boyfriend (we've been living together for 5 years) from Spotify Family Premium. I don't even know why.
Now I try to re-invite him and he doesn't get the email.
Super frustrating! 

I'm trying to get the invite code/link to a gmail address, and no this issue still hasn't been resolved. I don't know if grabbing the invite link by sending it to another email would work, but it seems worth trying.

It's inexcusable that I've STILL not been contacted by Spotify despite sending 2 contact forms, and it looks like this post still hasn't gotten any sort of response from anyone at Spotify despite multiple users complaining about this issue. Terrible customer service.

Try contacting them trough twitter! That worked out really well for my
boyfriend, they solved the issue asap.

Yes that's what I wound up doing was sending to a different email
Marked as solution

So I finally solved this. Here's what I did..

1. Checked family member's inbox and saw there was a new email from Spotify (no idea what triggered it..) that requested her to verify her email address. Done, email verified.

2. Searched her inbox for the last premium invite email she DID receive, which was last year.. she clicked on the inivite link, logged into her Spotify account, and the invite failed, but it at least let me manually paste in the code which I had copied from the invite I had sent to my work email. Success. Family member back on premium.

Hope this helps someone out there, because Spotify sure as **bleep** didn't help me.

I'm having the same problem. It is disgusting that this is such a common problem and Spotify are not even bothering to respond. This is such a basic element to get right in order to offer a family account, and they're taking people's money by false pretences if they can't deliver the contracted service

I have the same problem as others had.

Family members are not receiving the invite email.

How can I solve this problem?

thx

I have the same issue. Have just signed up for Premium for Family and tried to invite a family member. The site says the invitation was sent but it has not come through. Have tried resending multiple times and checked junk and spam folders. What's going on, Spotify?

I'm also having this problem paying for premium for family and none of my family members are getting invites. I've sent the invite and resent multiple times over more then a week. I've canceled the invites and resent them. Tried on two phones cleared all cashe restarted the devices everything. Considering banning spotify and telling all my friends to. Please help!

I'm having this problem - can anyone from Spotify please help with this? 

I've tried everything for the past several weeks. I'm ready to cancel. There are SO MANY OTHER APPS/Companies to use that would LOVE our BUSINESS! 

I even get a message that reads: You must enter an email address in this format:  BLANK

Nothing is written there. There is literally a blank space there. To me, it's not worth the headache. 

And their customer service is a joke. 

I'm done and I have asked (and received permission) to use my daughters YouTube customers/fans (she has over 4 million of them - she's on a TV program) to get everyone else to dump Spotify too unless they clean up their act. 

Because all they are doing now is CLEANING US OUT OF MONEY. 

SPOTIFY SUCKS.

Spotify resolved this issue for me very quickly after I contacted them using their contact form & chat: https://support.spotify.com/uk/contact-spotify-support/

I suggest others with the same problem try that route.

Suggested posts