Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I change the Plan Manager for my family account?

How do I change the Plan Manager for my family account?

My plan type is "Premium Family" and I wish to change the Plan Manager to another family member but I can't figure out how do this.

Do I have to cancel and have that family member signup for a new plan?
1 Reply

Hi there,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

Unfortunately, the plan manager for Premium Family can’t be changed once the plan has been created. So yes, you'll have to cancel your existing Premium Family subscription and then have a different member of your residence sign up for a new Premium Family subscription instead.

No worries, changing subscription plans won't cause anyone to lose anyone to lose any of their playlists, saved music, or settings.

You can first cancel your existing Premium Family plan by following these steps:

1. Log in to your account page
  2. Under Manage your plan, click Change Plan
  3. Scroll to Cancel Spotify and click Cancel Premium

At your next billing date, the accounts of each member of the Premium Family plan will switch to the free service. At that time, another member of your residence can start a new Premium Family plan here as its plan manager, and then invite the other members to the new plan by following these steps.

Bear in mind that to accept the invites, the other members must live at the same address as the Premium Family plan manager. Note as well that members can only switch between different Premium Family or Duo plans once in 12 months.

You can also read more about how Premium Family works in this FAQ article as well as in this support article.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts