NEXT STEP

Not eligible for Family Premium due to billing issue

Not eligible for Family Premium due to billing issue

Plan

Premium

Country

South Africa

My Question or Issue

There are two available options for Family Premium in the South Africa, the one where payment is through debit or credit card and the other is through mobile.

Why does it say that I am not eligible for the one that can be paid through card even though my previous subscriptions (individual premium) are paid through my card.

See screenshots below:

The first shows that my current billing is set with my card and works perfectly.

Screenshot 2 shows the result I get when I try to select "Premium for Family" when I choose "change plan".

Screenshot 3 shows the result I get when I try to purchase Premium for Family via this link: https://www.spotify.com/za/plan/family/ and select the "credit card" option.

I am not comfortable paying via mobile and would much prefer to sticking to my current method of payment which is card. Please assist with why this is an issue.

Spotify.PNG
Spotify1.PNG
Spotify4.PNG
6 Replies

Hey there @afeefa

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

If you aren't able to change your plan by clicking the button on the account overview page, it's possible that you're eligible for the offer but there might be some issue with the browser you're using.   

We'd first suggest you give it another try, but this time in a private/incognito window. This way you'll make sure to avoid issues with the browser's cache. If that doesn't do the trick try again in a different kind of browser.  

It's also a good idea to log in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Same problem here. I tried what you suggested above but to no avail. Should I cancel my premium and then join the premium family plan?

Hi there - I have exactly the same problem. Tried the suggested solutions but no luck, still doesn't work. Even signed out of all my devices and I keep on getting the "not eligible" error message - please help!

Hey there @Surrealist and @dejongh!

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

You should be able to get the Family plan without cancelling if you're currently subscribed directly via Spotify and not via one of our partners.

Can you give this link a try and let us know if this makes a difference? You can also try choosing the Family plan from here.

We'd recommend trying this on a different network if possible and turning off your VPN if you're using one.

We'll be on the lookout for your update.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for the quick reply. I tried all the suggestions but no luck, still getting all the previous error messages. I’m subscribed directly to Spotify and not through third parties. Any suggestions to get on the Family package would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, DJ.

Yeah still the same here.

Suggested posts