Premium

Country

USA

Device

Galileo Pro

Operating System

Android OS

My Question or Issue

I originally had a premium account under my name that I shared with my boyfriend, I upgraded to premium for family so we could have separate accounts. The account I have now is linked to his Facebook and has all of his music. So my question is, how can I set up an account for him under his email with all of his music from the current account and a new account for myself while remaining the primary account holder/owner? Could I put the current account under his email and create a new account for myself then change that account to the primary account? If there isn't a way of doing that, how do I reset my account so all of his selections (liked songs, saved playlists, genre preferences, etc.) and recommendations are erased and his Facebook is unlinked? I can then open a new account for him under his email and re-download his music afterwards.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @6pz6mwsn8hztkss, help's here. 

If your boyfriend's Facebook account is registered on your account, you can do one of the following:

1. Disconnect his Facebook account and he can create his own account for you to invite to the plan. There is an option to tranfer chosen playlists, saved music, and followers between accounts, but his listening history will still affect your recommendations and other playlists such as Discover Weekly and Daily Mixes for a while. 
  2. Change the email address to one of his on your current account, create a new account for yourself, cancel the Premium for Family subscription, wait until the account reverts to Free and then upgrade your new account to Premium for Family. You can transfer music and followers here as well.

Whichever option you choose will have one of your listening history and recommendations reset.

We hope one of the solutions will help you further. If you have any questions or uncertainties, please let us know 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @6pz6mwsn8hztkss, help's here. 

If your boyfriend's Facebook account is registered on your account, you can do one of the following:

1. Disconnect his Facebook account and he can create his own account for you to invite to the plan. There is an option to tranfer chosen playlists, saved music, and followers between accounts, but his listening history will still affect your recommendations and other playlists such as Discover Weekly and Daily Mixes for a while. 
  2. Change the email address to one of his on your current account, create a new account for yourself, cancel the Premium for Family subscription, wait until the account reverts to Free and then upgrade your new account to Premium for Family. You can transfer music and followers here as well.

Whichever option you choose will have one of your listening history and recommendations reset.

We hope one of the solutions will help you further. If you have any questions or uncertainties, please let us know 🙂

Hi,

Please help.

I setup an account on Spotify this morning.

I added my bank account details because I want to start using the product.

I am not worried about the trial period.

I want to now start setting up the family but cannot find an option anywhere on my account.

Thanks

Mary-Anne

Hey @on3479b71d0mn20.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Since the topic of your query is a bit different to the one from the original poster, would you mind creating a new thread to ask your question in the Community? We will  be happy to help you out there as soon as you do 🙂

Thanks!

Suggested posts