Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Was on Spotify Family Premium. Got Downgraded to Free Account after App Update

Was on Spotify Family Premium. Got Downgraded to Free Account after App Update

Hi all,

As per the title, I was part of Spotify Family Premium subscription until an update of the app appears to downgrade my subsricption to a free account.

The owner of the Family Account tried to re-invite me back into the package but Spotify would not allow it because "Spotify cannot verify that you are living in the same address as the owner".

Please help

4 Replies

Hey @suzzieq-sg

Tell your Family Admin to send the invite again. Accept the invite logged in with your own username in the app and in the website. You should make sure to type the address exactly as the Admin did, and also be sure all Family members use the same Internet connection (Home network) regularly. Not doing so may be the cause of you being left out.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks so much for your response. However, Spotify still would not allow me to rejoin the premium family pack after I told family admin to reinvited (please see attached screenshot).

I put in the exact same address as the admin. Do I have to be physically at the same location with the admin and connectrd to the same wifi network in order to verify my address?
IMG_20170719_163149.png

@suzzieq-sg

Yes, it would be best to do it using your home's wifi network.

If you still have trouble, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Check your spotify profile and make sure that your zip code is updated. Then go accept the invite again.

Suggested posts