Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Family] Address format is not well thought

[Family] Address format is not well thought

Recommendation to Spotify:

1. Before user submit their address, ask them to screenshot their address
2. Change your address format to fit every country
3. Use a drop down menu to keep every one in the same format

4. A warning page says "EVERY MEMBER OF THE FAMILY HAS TO FILL OUT THE EXACT SAME ADDRESS AGAIN".

5. Be well prepared with good solutions to the problems cost by the new family plan.

6. Do not put "DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT AND CREATE A NEW ONE" as a solution

7. At least offer a way to migrate my old account music to a new account

Why I Made These Recommendation:

I have been using spotify family premium program for years. Recently, I kicked someone out of the plan. And there was this page asking me to fill out home address and also asking me to agree every one in this plan needs to be under the same address. There was no warning that every member should fill out the address again, "THE EXACT SAME ADDRESS" again. 

Now, my mom and my sister are not able to join the family. We kept trying to type in different format of our same address. "Hsinchu City", "Hsinchu", "新竹", "新竹市” for the City blank. "328", "no. 328" for street number. "Gonyuan", "Gongyuan Rd.", "Gonyuan road", "公園路“, "公園” for street name.
I'm not opposing to the "One Address, One Family" account thing. But if Spotify needs the EXACT SAME ADDRESS to identify each account, it should be useing "DROP DOWN MENU" instead of blanks. Or, ADDAPT ADDRESS FORMAT TO FIT EVERY COUNTRY. 

Also, if you change your account plan by using the same address as foundation, you should have a better solution to problems that will come along. I can't change my address, view my address, or even email a customer service. The only solution spotify offer is to "DELETE MY ACCOUNT AND CREAT A NEW ONE". I thought Spotify was all about saving your taste and giving you great music recommedation accordingly. The last thing Spotify should propose is to delete my account. 

*please forgive me if there is any grammar error, I don't speak English

0 Replies

Suggested posts