Can't Purchase Premium

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S20

My Question or Issue

I'm trying to upgrade to premium, but I keep getting the error message that says I have done the trial before (which I have, four years ago). My issue is that I can't figure out how to buy it without getting the error message and it's frustrating

Spotify err0r.png
6 Replies

Hey @Deemuu ,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you give this link a try? 🙂

Let me know how it goes.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Is it possible that I can get the student discount and not the regular version? I already verified myself as a student yesterday

If you've received a confirmation from SheerID that your student discount is verified, you need to go to your account page and update your payment details for the subscription change (reduced price) to become active.

Once you reenter your payment info, you should be able to see the reduced price on your next bill.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @Deemuu

Help's here!

Just to confirm, do you still get this error message when trying in a private/incognito window? We recommend this since it helps you avoid issues with the browser's cache. 

A possible reason why you're getting this error message could also be that the activation link you received from SheerID has expired. The link is only valid for 7 days and if you don't use it within this timeframe, it's best to reach out to SheerID so they send you a new link. You can contact them here.  

To use the no-trial link, you'll need to edit it so it includes your country code. You can find your country code once you visit our Support page here. You can see the country code in the link of the webpage. Once you get your country code, make sure to include in the link below by replacing the XX:

Spoiler

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this.

Well I like to purchase 

Hey @Jesnam0913,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please describe your issue in more detail so we can help you further? You can also send a few screenshots of how things look on your end.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts